3. Josh Bell (S) DH

4. Colin Moran (L) 1B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

7. Jose Osuna (R) 3B

8. JT Riddle (L) CF

9. Jacob Stallings (R) C

Steven Brault (L) SP

Osuna, Riddle? Their days are up in my opinion. Brault? He is the best singing player in MLB! ;D
Bobster21

Game Thread - August 19, 2020

Post by Bobster21 »

An Osuna sighting!!!
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Except for Newman, no one in the top 6 of this order is hitting, yet we keep running out the same 6 guys in the same 6 spots game after game.....

Try something, anything.

How about....

Riddle

Reynolds

Newman

Polanco

Moran

Bell

Osuna

Frazier

Stallings
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Other then calling up Hayes and inserting Tucker and Osuna in the lineup more they don’t have many options for the top 6 in the order. Bell and Reynolds so far have just not been good at all and it’s a big reason why the offense is struggling to score runs and a main reason the team is 4-15 so far.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

In my little world, if Polanco strikes out in his first at bat, I'd pull him from the line-up, instruct him to pack his gear, and tell him to go home. The one in the Dominican.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2F796F7B746E7E75786F5D7A707C7471337E1D0 wrote: In my little world, if Polanco strikes out in his first at bat, I'd pull him from the line-up, instruct him to pack his gear, and tell him to go home.  The one in the Dominican.
He doesn't even have much trade value so there's little point in playing him in hopes he improves enough to deal him. A team trading for him would see his ceiling as a .250 hitter, poor defensively, poor base runner, often injured but might hit 20-25 HRs if healthy over a full season. And a FA the year after next. Even at his best he's not an impact player. I think most teams would see him as a platoon or 4th OFer and not someone who is counted on to be a significant part of the offense. On a good hitting team if he could have his best case scenario year and hit .250 with 23 HRs he could be a nice supplemental player batting lower in the order. I think the trade return on him would be minimal. Maybe a mid range AA player or two 19 year old rookie league guys. But then again I don't thik they would get as much for him as for Marte. So maybe one 19 year old.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: In my little world, if Polanco strikes out in his first at bat, I'd pull him from the line-up, instruct him to pack his gear, and tell him to go home.  The one in the Dominican.
He doesn't even have much trade value so there's little point in playing him in hopes he improves enough to deal him. A team trading for him would see his ceiling as a .250 hitter, poor defensively, poor base runner, often injured but might hit 20-25 HRs if healthy over a full season. And a FA the year after next. Even at his best he's not an impact player. I think most teams would see him as a platoon or 4th OFer and not someone who is counted on to be a significant part of the offense. On a good hitting team if he could have his best case scenario year and hit .250 with 23 HRs he could be a nice supplemental player batting lower in the order. I think the trade return on him would be minimal. Maybe a mid range AA player or two 19 year old rookie league guys. But then again I don't thik they would get as much for him as for Marte. So maybe one 19 year old. 

Right now, as sad as it is to sad, Polanco has the same trade value as Miggy Del Pozzo.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: In my little world, if Polanco strikes out in his first at bat, I'd pull him from the line-up, instruct him to pack his gear, and tell him to go home.  The one in the Dominican.
[highlight]He doesn't even have much trade value [/highlight]so there's little point in playing him in hopes he improves enough to deal him. A team trading for him would see his ceiling as a .250 hitter, poor defensively, poor base runner, often injured but might hit 20-25 HRs if healthy over a full season. And a FA the year after next. Even at his best he's not an impact player. I think most teams would see him as a platoon or 4th OFer and not someone who is counted on to be a significant part of the offense. On a good hitting team if he could have his best case scenario year and hit .250 with 23 HRs he could be a nice supplemental player batting lower in the order. I think the trade return on him would be minimal. Maybe a mid range AA player or two 19 year old rookie league guys. But then again I don't thik they would get as much for him as for Marte. So maybe one 19 year old. 

Especially when your GM doesn't make any.

Some Bucco's fans never learn. Here is what you do. Add the two best players on the team (if we have any) and a couple of highly-regarded suspects (same caveat.)

Get any team to take Polanco's salary off BOB's hands, and PRESTO!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: In my little world, if Polanco strikes out in his first at bat, I'd pull him from the line-up, instruct him to pack his gear, and tell him to go home.  The one in the Dominican.

I suspect the plan was to say wonderful things about Polanco in Spring Training, play him from the outset and hope like heck he started the season on one of those rare five game streaks he ocassionally got on, and then get lucky and hope some team was willing to trade for him. No surprise, Polanco didn't do his end.

As you said, there's little point in playing him now. He can't help the team win, and he can't play well enough to make another GM think he can help his team win. As bad as things are going, I would applaud the Pirates if the organization simply released him. That would be their most impressive move that indicates they're actually trying to get better.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Wow, this pitcher for Cleveland looks like Sandy Kofax, not really but he's thrown 35 pitches through 3 innings. Do we have a hitting coach. They seem to swing at the 1st pitch no matter what.