DBacks and Blue Jays Looking For Pitching Upgrades

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that the D Backs are looking at bullpen upgrades, and the Blue Jays need some rotation depth. This could interest the Pirates, since Ben Cherington made a trade with Arizona earlier this year, so the Bucs may have information on some of their prospects, and since both Cherington and Steve Sanders came from the Blue Jays organization, they would have a very good familiarity with that organization. Both teams could be ideal trade partners as we approach the August 31st trade deadline.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

There's no need for a closer right now. Get as much as you can for Kela. He can go back to being a set up man and hopefully bring a back a prospect in a team's top 20. He would be just a rental.

Toronto has a ton of RHP prospects at various levels. You could also ask for Griffin Conine (Jeff's son) who ranks 16th for them and is a LH power prospect with a strong arm. He could potentially be Polanco's replacement allowing Reynolds and Cruz to use their athleticism to cover LF & CF at PNC.

The DBacks have another bunch of RHPs on their prospect rankings, any number of which would be a good return.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Pomeranz just went on the IL with a shoulder strain. The Padres may be interested in Derek Holland. I really think it is going to be an interesting trade deadline period.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I see Kela has forearm tightness (removed from last night's game) so I don't see anyone being interested in him.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

We've had Kela for two years now and it almost feels like he's never pitched for us.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

595B414751340 wrote: I see Kela has forearm tightness (removed from last night's game) so I don't see anyone being interested in him.
I think they removed him from an abundance of caution, and I expect that he'll be featured during the remainder of the month. All we can do is hope, right?

Great analysis in this thread identifying the DBacks and Padres as solid trade partners. Kela to Arizona, Holland to San Diego should produce a pair of prospects to build on.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Thought I might add that Rumbunter makes a good case for trading Adam Frazier to the Yankees, who seem like the only MLB team with more injuries than we have. I would think that Frazier's lefty bat would fare well in Yankee stadium, and he plays most of the positions where they have injured people.
mouse

Post by mouse »

A problem for teams like the Pirates is who they get back in any trade. Apparently teams can only trade from their sixty-man player pool, so young players with potential are likely not available.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

787A606670150 wrote: A problem for teams like the Pirates is who they get back in any trade. Apparently teams can only trade from their sixty-man player pool, so young players with potential are likely not available.

I would assume that this is a concern for every team; at least for those teams that, do, in fact, make trades.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

517B70407761616D020 wrote: Thought I might add that Rumbunter makes a good case for trading Adam Frazier to the Yankees, who seem like the only MLB team with more injuries than we have. I would think that Frazier's lefty bat would fare well in Yankee stadium, and he plays most of the positions where they have injured people.

Too bad we can't get a Frazier for Frazier deal there.