Trade deadline salary contest

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Post by shedman »

Will Cherington add or subtract salary at the 8/31 trade deadline. The winner will be determined by subtracting the salary dumps from the salary adds. I will go first with the guess that Cherington will subtract salary by a net $13.3 million. Get your predictions in by Sunday at midnight.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

213A37363F333C520 wrote: [highlight]Will Cherington add or subtract salary at the 8/31 trade deadline.[/highlight]  The winner will be determined by subtracting the salary dumps from the salary adds.  I will go first with the guess that Cherington will subtract salary by a net $13.3 million.  Get your predictions in by Sunday at midnight.

I predict 'yes.'
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I'll say $8.25 million will be subtracted out.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I say "yes" & "no". This team is so screwed up that BC might not even make any moves. He wants to analyze more.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

45646C456E66010 wrote: I say "yes" & "no".  This team is so screwed up that BC might not even make any moves.  He wants to analyze more.

who on the team is even a desirable player? Williams? Kela?

Dyson (just joking).
mouse

Post by mouse »

NH loved middle infielders - I could see a few of those going. I would guess Neuman and maybe Rodriquez. It's too soon for Tucker. They know he can field (at short). They want to find out how he hits over an "entire" season. Frazier would be a logical trade if there is interest. I'm just not sure what they get back for him - he isn't having a hot season at this point. Bell is definitely on the way out the door - the question is when. I think they hope he starts to hit. If it's to happen, it isn't like till after the trade deadline, so he's more likely to go in the offseason. I would guess that pitchers will be in hottest demand. I'm just not sure what we have that anyone else would want.

I expect a salary reduction of 5MM. Pure guess.
shedman

Post by shedman »

Current predictions:

Mouse -$5 million

Doc -8.25 million

Shedman -$13.3 million
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Are you measuring 2020 salary only?

Pro rated or the full year base salary?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

We have little that actually has trade value. Does he move Bell who's return would be an all time low?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Talent-wise, frankly, most would be addition by subtraction.