3. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

4. Colin Moran (L) 1B

5. Josh Bell (S) DH

6. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

7. Cole Tucker (S) CF

8. JT Riddle (L) 2B

9. Jacob Stallings (R) C

Joe Musgrove (R) SP

Geez, Shelty must have some kinda man-love for Riddle.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 9/15 - Keystone Bumblers @ Reds

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Polanco, again?!? Really?!?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0E584E5A554F5F54594E7C5B515D5550125F3C0 wrote: Polanco, again?!?  Really?!?

BC is trying to show him off so he can trade him this off-season by eating half his salary and including two of our top 5 prospects in a trade for a MLB ready but over the hill player and lots of IBM. :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

416068416A62050 wrote: Polanco, again?!?  Really?!?

BC is trying to show him off so he can trade him this off-season by eating half his salary and including two of our top 5 prospects in a trade for a MLB ready but over the hill player and lots of IBM.   :D :D :D

Are you crazy, Possum? That could never happen! Oh, wait . . .
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Just exactly when is Musgrove supposed to become a good pitcher? And the sad thing is that there's not a single pitcher on the staff who's had success and can offer advice to anyone else.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Why wait? Musgrove for GOG.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

It's a riddle to me that Riddle is in the lineup over over Frazier at second base. According to Fangraphs, despite limited infield playing time, Frazier is one of MLB's top infielders in OAA--outs above average.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4E636E7F78697E3E3D0C0 wrote: Just exactly when is Musgrove supposed to become a good pitcher? And the sad thing is that there's not a single pitcher on the staff who's had success and can offer advice to anyone else.
I would say Musgrove is pitching to get out of Pittsburg.  I hate to think that but what else can you think.  He's got good stuff but he may have decided for his career the Pirates aren't the ticket.  Kinda like Cole he definitely wasn't giving his all the last year and half and that's pretty much guaranteed.  He wanted out of the Burg sooner than later.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

1F222F283F39227F7C754D0 wrote: It's a riddle to me that Riddle is in the lineup over over Frazier at second base. According to Fangraphs, despite limited infield playing time, Frazier is one of MLB's top infielders in OAA--outs above average.
I agree on Riddle he's shown nothing and he's been in the majors 3 years now and no progression if anything he's regressed. Invite him back next year but play the younger guys now and the ones who have been better in the past.
2drfischer@gmail.c

With two strike outs in two at bats so far, Polanco's most remarkable trait remains his consistency.