Chad Kuhl

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Chad Kuhl

Post by steve49 »

Is it me or is Shelty a buffoon to have kept marching Kuhl out there with an injured finger ? I understand the Pirates had a lot to play for but I think having him skip a start or two would have been appropriate .
Bobster21

Chad Kuhl

Post by Bobster21 »

I have previously arrived at the conclusion that Shelton is a buffoon. But hey, the players like him and they have fun. What more could you want from a manager?

::)
steve49

Chad Kuhl

Post by steve49 »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: I have previously arrived at the conclusion that Shelton is a buffoon. But hey, the players like him and they have fun. What more could you want from a manager?

::)

If the players are actually having fun , we need to clean house. I thought Hurdle was ridiculous and anything would be an improvement . WRONG.... This man actually should be wearing a dunce cap. But hey , it may have been a painful season but the "evaluation" was priceless.
GreenWeenie

Chad Kuhl

Post by GreenWeenie »

We need to clean house regardless.
mouse

Chad Kuhl

Post by mouse »

This feels to me as though they are treating the team like a AAA team. Experimenting with people in various roles to see how they do. They aren't playing to lose but they aren't playing to win, either. It's more like one big lab experiment.
Bobster21

Chad Kuhl

Post by Bobster21 »

0D0F151305600 wrote: This feels to me as though they are treating the team like a AAA team. Experimenting with people in various roles to see how they do. They aren't playing to lose but they aren't playing to win, either. It's more like one big lab experiment.
I think that's exactly what's going on. But they aren't even doing that well.

They know Bell can't play 1B. Yet they continue to let him botch plays there while Moran DHs. They haven't even taken a serious look at Moran as an everyday 1Bman.

A year ago they said thjey wanted to groom Newman as a utility INF-OF guy. But when Gonzalez got hurt early in 2019 Newman strictly played SS and did well. Meanwhile Frazier was a GG finalist last year. So this year they move Frazier to the OF and move Newman to 2B where he is not as good as Frazier so that Gonzalez can play SS. And Gonzalez, who is supposed to be versatile has yet to play an inning at 2B this year.

They haven't evaluated Tucker at SS for even 1 inning this year.

They aren't taking a look at Osuna, who has essentially been kicked to the curb all year. But they can't seem to get enough of Riddle.

Last year they had high hopes for Jason Martin. But in this year of evaluation he has 9 ABs.

I'm fine with using this crazy mini season for evaluation. But I think they're doing such a poor job of it that there is little they have learned that they didn't already know.
GreenWeenie

Chad Kuhl

Post by GreenWeenie »

The Pittsburgh Lab Rats!

Next thing you know, they'll be injecting Clorox to cure whatever ails them.
WildwoodDave

Chad Kuhl

Post by WildwoodDave »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: This feels to me as though they are treating the team like a AAA team. Experimenting with people in various roles to see how they do. They aren't playing to lose but they aren't playing to win, either. It's more like one big lab experiment.

They know Bell can't play 1B. Yet they continue to let him botch plays there while Moran DHs. They haven't even taken a serious look at Moran as an everyday 1Bman. 

A year ago they said thjey wanted to groom Newman as a utility INF-OF guy. But when Gonzalez got hurt early in 2019 Newman strictly played SS and did well. Meanwhile Frazier was a GG finalist last year. So this year they move Frazier to the OF and move Newman to 2B where he is not as good as Frazier so that Gonzalez can play SS. And Gonzalez, who is supposed to be versatile has yet to play an inning at 2B this year.

They aren't taking a look at Osuna, who has essentially been kicked to the curb all year. But they can't seem to get enough of Riddle.

Last year they had high hopes for Jason Martin. But in this year of evaluation he has 9 ABs.

I'm fine with using this crazy mini season for evaluation. But I think they're doing such a poor job of it that there is little they have learned that they didn't already know. 

Maybe they have learned that Bell cannot play 1B
Ecbucs

Chad Kuhl

Post by Ecbucs »

615F5A524159595272574053360 wrote: This feels to me as though they are treating the team like a AAA team. Experimenting with people in various roles to see how they do. They aren't playing to lose but they aren't playing to win, either. It's more like one big lab experiment.

Maybe they have learned that Bell cannot play 1B

Erik Gonzalez has turned back into a utility player too. So the only good things to happen this season are: Hartlieb, Hays and Stallings.

The inability of most Pirate players to have 3 or 4 good years in a row just makes lousy seasons inevitable.
skinnyhorse

Chad Kuhl

Post by skinnyhorse »

Gonzo has came back to his normal, best he can be is a utility player.