Happy Thanksgiving

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wish everyone well, and many reasons to be thankful.

I was reading some sites, and one was what each team's fan base had to be thankful for. The Pirates, it was that they earned the number one draft pick, but fans only had to suffer through a 60 game season to get there. That's the mirror universe to Dodger's fans I guess.

I'm thankful for my family, but that's so status quo, so I'll put some other stuff out there that's not all touchy feely.

I'm thankful this board is here, it's a eleventy gazillion times better than that one that I got kicked off of that eventually folded (I wish I could rub it in their pompous faces how Stallings turned out to be the Pirates MVP and Osuna was dumped).

I'm thankful for those seats in section 221 being available, I can't wait to actually sit in them. My seats in 222 were pretty nice also, but for some reason, that section must have been geometrically challenged for foul balls. And though it was just a one section over move, it was almost like two sections, from the far left to the far right aisle towards home plate.

I'm thankful I still have a job even though I hate it, but I'm getting another hip replacement, and I can't wait another year to get the FMLA time I need moving to another job.

I'm thankful I haven't gained 100 pounds, because it's getting harder and harder to keep starting over with rehab after rehab from one malady after the other.

I'm thankful that the big wind storms a couple weeks ago that launched my trampoline out of my yard Wizard of Oz style, didn't get it tangled in the power lines, and didn't damage the guys boat it eventually landed upon.

I'm thankful that all that Halloween candy that I was stuck with from the poor showing from trick or treaters is almost gone.

I'm thankful that my youngest dog seems to have finally stopped eating my sneakers.

I'm thankful there's going to be a vaccine for the Covid soon. IDK if I really believe it will work, I mean really, a vaccine in a year and they still haven't done that for HIV? Anyhow, I'm going to get it, because a lot of people think it's a tracking thing. That way when someone says something like that I can say to them, "Well I got the vaccine, and I'm right next to you, so they still know where you are." That could be a lot of fun!

So what are you thankful for?

Bobster21

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm thankful for financial flexibility. ;D
DemDog

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by DemDog »

Well, Surg, like you I have much to be thankful for.

First off, my wife of 49 yrs who is right now getting the turkey in the oven.

Then my daughter and her family that live in the Windy City area and will be talking with us by Google Duo. By the way, they are all big-time Pirate fans.

Of course, I am thankful for OBN and the many years that I have been an Admin and so many wonderful though sometimes heated discussions that have occurred here.

Last but not least, I am thankful for seeing all the love that is flowing in this country with those of us who can do it making meals to take to friend and neighbors who are unable to cook today, either because they are older and alone or are just not affluent enough to afford a big meal.

There are many more things I am thankful for but they too numerous to mention here.

On behalf of the OBN Admins, I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and remind you all to stay in and don't go out. If you must go out please wear a mask and social distance.
WildwoodDave

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by WildwoodDave »

75535441484453454D260 wrote: Wish everyone well, and many reasons to be thankful.

I was reading some sites, and one was what each team's fan base had to be thankful for. The Pirates, it was that they earned the number one draft pick, but fans only had to suffer through a 60 game season to get there. That's the mirror universe to Dodger's fans I guess.

I'm thankful for my family, but that's so status quo, so I'll put some other stuff out there that's not all touchy feely.

I'm thankful this board is here, it's a eleventy gazillion times better than that one that I got kicked off of that eventually folded (I wish I could rub it in their pompous faces how Stallings turned out to be the Pirates MVP and Osuna was dumped).

I'm thankful for those seats in section 221 being available, I can't wait to actually sit in them. My seats in 222 were pretty nice also, but for some reason, that section must have been geometrically challenged for foul balls. And though it was just a one section over move, it was almost like two sections, from the far left to the far right aisle towards home plate.

I'm thankful I still have a job even though I hate it, but I'm getting another hip replacement, and I can't wait another year to get the FMLA time I need moving to another job.

I'm thankful I haven't gained 100 pounds, because it's getting harder and harder to keep starting over with rehab after rehab from one malady after the other.

I'm thankful that the big wind storms a couple weeks ago that launched my trampoline out of my yard Wizard of Oz style, didn't get it tangled in the power lines, and didn't damage the guys boat it eventually landed upon.

I'm thankful that all that Halloween candy that I was stuck with from the poor showing from trick or treaters is almost gone.

I'm thankful that my youngest dog seems to have finally stopped eating my sneakers.

I'm thankful there's going to be a vaccine for the Covid soon. IDK if I really believe it will work, I mean really, a vaccine in a year and they still haven't done that for HIV? Anyhow, I'm going to get it, because a lot of people think it's a tracking thing. That way when someone says something like that I can say to them, "Well I got the vaccine, and I'm right next to you, so they still know where you are." That could be a lot of fun!

So what are  you thankful for?

Very well done Surg.

at 73 years of age, I am just thankful to be around
WildwoodDave

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by WildwoodDave »

6D53565E4D55555E7E5B4C5F3A0 wrote: Wish everyone well, and many reasons to be thankful.

So what are  you thankful for?

Very well done Surg.

I am not sure that bWeenie will respond to this thread but I am sure he is thankful that he hasn't been kicked off this board, YET
GreenWeenie

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm grateful that the season wasn't 61 games. Or, more. Can we do maybe 40?

I'm grateful for the members of this board. Smart, funny, tolerant/accepting (whatever you choose.)

I'm grateful for our country that I'm a citizen of, even when the leadership of it reminds me of The Best Management Team in Baseball.

I am grateful that we still have cans, roads, and the future. I need to kick something down one for a long time.
GreenWeenie

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by GreenWeenie »

Very well done Surg.

You're still around? I thought you was dead. ;)

That DRT getting a workout later today? That first round draft pick, Otis, coming over? ;))))
fjk090852-7

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful for my wife, my family, my health . Thanks to all the posters who make the offseason go by much quicker than normal. Be safe, and hopefully the Bucs will soon be the competitive team we all want.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

All the best to everyone today. We're all so fortunate to have avoided this virus thus far and I hope we can all continue to do so until we can get the vaccination. Keep doing what you've been doing to remain safe. Next Thanksgiving will be a really special and memorable one.
shedman

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by shedman »

I am very thankful for everything. Life is wonderful, but I would be even more thankful if the golf gods would grant me 1 hole in one.