Tommy Lasorda passes away

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Post by Javy »

Longtime Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda passed away at age 93 today.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I had a feeling when he went home after his last visit to the hospital.

RIP to the man who "Bled Dodger Blue".
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C77606F160 wrote: Longtime Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda passed away at age 93 today.

Javy, I don't think I ever told you that I ran into Lasorda after the game where you and I met at Citizens Bank Park. We were walking in the same direction outside the park when I noticed him. I went over to him and was very polite, saying something like "Congrats of a great career in baseball". He gave me a look as if I had poop on my face and told me to get away from him. Really nice of him. Sorry he passed away, and I do believe he had a great lifetime in baseball, but he wasn't a very nice man, at least to me on that night.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

3264726669736368657240676D61696C2E63000 wrote: Longtime Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda passed away at age 93 today.

Javy, I don't think I ever told you that I ran into Lasorda after the game where you and I met at Citizens Bank Park.  We were walking in the same direction outside the park when I noticed him.  I went over to him and was very polite, saying something like "Congrats of a great career in baseball".  He gave me a look as if I had poop on my face and told me to get away from him.  Really nice of him.  Sorry he passed away, and I do believe he had a great lifetime in baseball, but he wasn't a very nice man, at least to me on that night.

maybe he had a bad case of jock itch ?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

One of the things we know over here is- don't talk to anyone, even a guy who had a good career in baseball. ;) Don't even look at anybody.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

556077777C4577777C7B77120 wrote: One of the things we know over here is- don't talk to anyone, even a guy who had a good career in baseball.  ;)  Don't even look at anybody.
What does that mean?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Talk to someone over here at your own risk.  A small percentage might be cordial to you in one of their rare moments of forgetfulness. 

Some people think that the story about Santa Claus getting snowballs thrown at him is just one of those stories.  It's a true story.

Mister Rogers Neighborhood isn't anywhere near Philadelphia.  There are a few million reasons.

This place would put Dr. Norman Vincent Peale in a bad mood.

Conclusion:  Lasorda probably thought that Doc was looking for a free autograph so that he (Doc) could make money off him by selling it, so Lasorda told him to get lost.  It's Philly.  You take your chances.  You might find a nice guy once in a while.  Most times, you're going to strike out, like Doc did.  To his credit, he went down swinging, anyway.  ;) 
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0F594F5B544E5E55584F7D5A505C5451135E3D0 wrote: Longtime Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda passed away at age 93 today.

Javy, I don't think I ever told you that I ran into Lasorda after the game where you and I met at Citizens Bank Park.  We were walking in the same direction outside the park when I noticed him.  I went over to him and was very polite, saying something like "Congrats of a great career in baseball".  He gave me a look as if I had poop on my face and told me to get away from him.  Really nice of him.  Sorry he passed away, and I do believe he had a great lifetime in baseball, but he wasn't a very nice man, at least to me on that night.

a couple of my friends ran into him outside Nats Park and he took selfies with them. They think he is great. Before that I had heard he was a phony when away from the press.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzjWQF1 ... zjWQF1oP2M

Pretty much says all there needs to be said. ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

557372657363100 wrote: Longtime Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda passed away at age 93 today.

a couple of my friends ran into him outside Nats Park and he took selfies with them.  They think  he is great.  Before that I had heard he was a phony when away from the press.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he wasn't feeling well. Maybe he just had an argument with someone. Who knows? But my one three-second encounter with him wasn't pleasant.