Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Adam Frazier

Post by MaineBucs »

I see on MLB Trade Rumors that at least 6 teams are reported to be interested in free agent Kolton Wong. Wong's salary last year with the Cards was in the $12 mil range.

While Frazier had a down year offensively, he has demonstrated that he is an okay MLB hitter in the past, and his defense is winning some accolades (frankly, I don't see it when it comes to his glove work).

With many MLB teams being extremely cost conscientious, could the Bucs find a potential suitor for Frazier. His salary remains reasonable, he still has some team control after this season, and he has some versatility. The Bucs have current options in Newman (2nd) and Tucker (SS) - although Tucker has yet to show that he can hit - and 3 of the 5 top prospects play either 2nd or SS (although who knows what goes with Cruz).

BC will need to be aggressive to rebuild this team. Frazier could be one of the few players he could move that could return some talent. And, perhaps he could increase the return by agreeing to take on a remaining year of a somewhat overpriced player who could offer short-term help to the Bucs (a placeholder), provided a better quality prospect was also coming back to the Bucs.

fjk090852-7

Adam Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think Frazier is a sure bet to be traded this offseason. The Bucs have some depth at middle infield, and he is under control for two more seasons. Which makes me think he will be traded. Due to the pandemic, there are no GM or Winter Meetings this year, so possibly trades may not happen in the early Hot Stove Season. I am thinking this will be a busy offseason for the Pirates since Ben Cherington and his staff have had a full year on the job.
shedman

Adam Frazier

Post by shedman »

I have an idea. While we are getting rid of Frazier, let's also get rid of Polanco, Bell, Kela, and Williams and replace them with LMG's and hope for the best while BOB counts his money.
WildwoodDave

Adam Frazier

Post by WildwoodDave »

263D303138343B550 wrote: I have an idea.  While we are getting rid of Frazier, let's also get rid of Polanco, Bell, Kela, and Williams and replace them with LMG's and hope for the best while BOB counts his money.

I am for getting rid of Polanco
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

The three Pirates players who are making the most money should always have their bags packed. That's just standard operating procedure with this franchise.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

Frazier is sure to be dealt. He's deceptively efficient fielding because he's not flashy but is very steady. Batting averages are off all over MLB for the crazy 2020 season but in his previous 3 full seasons he hit .276, .277 and .278. So you know what you're getting with Frazier. And he can also play OF. And he's signed thru 2022. There aren't a lot of Pirates that would interest other teams. Hayes is untouchable. But Frazier could help some teams and is sure to be the subject of inquiries to BC from other GMs. And I doubt BC will be asked about many other Pirates.
fjk090852-7

Adam Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

445F52535A5659370 wrote: I have an idea.  While we are getting rid of Frazier, let's also get rid of Polanco, Bell, Kela, and Williams and replace them with LMG's and hope for the best while BOB counts his money.
For what it is worth Kela is already gone, he is a free agent, and I think there is a very good possibility that Trevor Williams is non tendered in December, if not traded before that time. So as you so noted, Bob can count some additional money by not having these 2 players on the team.
SCBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SCBucco »

0F232B2C2700372131420 wrote: I see on MLB Trade Rumors that at least 6 teams are reported to be interested in free agent Kolton Wong.  Wong's salary last year with the Cards was in the $12 mil range.

While Frazier had a down year offensively, he has demonstrated that he is an okay MLB hitter in the past, and his defense is winning some accolades (frankly, I don't see it when it comes to his glove work).

With many MLB teams being extremely cost conscientious, could the Bucs find a potential suitor for Frazier.  His salary remains reasonable, he still has some team control after this season, and he has some versatility.   The Bucs have current options in Newman (2nd) and Tucker (SS) - although Tucker has yet to show that he can hit - and 3 of the 5 top prospects play either 2nd or SS (although who knows what goes with Cruz).

BC will need to be aggressive to rebuild this team.  Frazier could be one of the few players he could move that could return some talent.  And, perhaps he could increase the return by agreeing to take on a remaining year of a somewhat overpriced player who could offer short-term help to the Bucs (a placeholder), provided a better quality prospect was also coming back to the Bucs.

I'm very curious what can be had as a return for Frazier. Just not sure.
GreenWeenie

Adam Frazier

Post by GreenWeenie »

I doubt that it would be anything that would help the 2021 Pirates. That means- can kicking.
WildwoodDave

Adam Frazier

Post by WildwoodDave »

1345534748524249445361464C40484D0F42210 wrote: The three Pirates players who are making the most money should always have their bags packed.  That's just standard operating procedure with this franchise.
In Polanco's case, he is stealing it