3. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

4. Gregory Polanco (L) DH

5. Kevin Newman (R) SS

6. Phillip Evans (R) RF

7. Michael Perez (L) C

8. Erik Gonzalez (R) 1B

9. Anthony Alford (R) CF

Chase DeJong (R) SP

Richard Rodriguez, Chris Stratton, Clay Holmes, Chasen Shreve, Duane Underwood Jr, and Tyler Bashlor in some order.

It’s interesting to note that De Jong, Shreve, and Holmes are the only three remaining non-roster invites going for spots on the pitching staff, and all three pitch today.
Bobster21

Game Thread - March 29 -Twins vs Bucs

Post by Bobster21 »

I always like watching the games, especially when Joe Block isn't announcing. But the nicknames get tiresome because they are so grossly overused. Today we had Brownie, Fort and a combo of Cappy, Cappsy and Capper. It seems so forced when they can't talk to one another without inserting a nickname.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

So 8 right handers and 1 left-hander in the bullpen?
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Unless there is other imminent news, this also means that Holmes and Ponce may still be in the picture.

Holmes likely could gain a roster spot by putting Brault on the DL, however, someone else with options would still need to be shipped to the minors or traded away/released. Perhaps Feliz to the minors as I believe he still has an option.

Ponce also has an option, and they will need to stretch someone out at AAA who can step into the starting rotation.

Holmes, as a former starter, could be an option to go more than an inning when the current starters take their anticipated beating.

Oh well, will know soon enough.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

557971767D5A6D7B6B180 wrote: Unless there is other imminent news, this also means that Holmes and Ponce may still be in the picture. 

Holmes likely could gain a roster spot by putting Brault on the DL, however, someone else with options would still need to be shipped to the minors or traded away/released.  Perhaps Feliz to the minors as I believe he still has an option.

Ponce also has an option, and they will need to stretch someone out at AAA who can step into the starting rotation.

Holmes, as a former starter, could be an option to go more than an inning when the current starters take their anticipated beating.      

Oh well, will know soon enough.   

the good thing about starters these days is no one expects even 6 or 7 innings. If you can go three you can start (not ideal but it works)
mouse

Post by mouse »

It appeared to me from the brief shot of Alford after a liner to right-centre that he misjudged the ball. I know he's had some recent errors but am not sure why. Does it seem to anyone that he has trouble judging a fly ball?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4A48525442270 wrote: It appeared to me from the brief shot of Alford after a liner to right-centre that he misjudged the ball. I know he's had some recent errors but am not sure why. Does it seem to anyone that he has trouble judging a fly ball?
I hadn't noticed that but it may just be the problems of playing OF at Lecom. Between the blinding sun and the strong wind, it's an adventure.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1B363B2A2D3C2B6B68590 wrote: It appeared to me from the brief shot of Alford after a liner to right-centre that he misjudged the ball. I know he's had some recent errors but am not sure why. Does it seem to anyone that he has trouble judging a fly ball?
I hadn't noticed that but it may just be the problems of playing OF at Lecom. Between the blinding sun and the strong wind, it's an adventure.

It's like watching Dick "Big Stu" Stuart play 1B for the 60 Bucs. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1A3B331A31395E0 wrote: It appeared to me from the brief shot of Alford after a liner to right-centre that he misjudged the ball. I know he's had some recent errors but am not sure why. Does it seem to anyone that he has trouble judging a fly ball?

It's like watching Dick "Big Stu" Stuart play 1B for the 60 Bucs.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, but he even lost ground balls in the sun. :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0E232E3F38293E7E7D4C0 wrote: It appeared to me from the brief shot of Alford after a liner to right-centre that he misjudged the ball. I know he's had some recent errors but am not sure why. Does it seem to anyone that he has trouble judging a fly ball?

It's like watching Dick "Big Stu" Stuart play 1B for the 60 Bucs.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, but he even lost ground balls in the sun.  :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D