Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 4/6 - Bucs @ Reds

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster for president.

Let's Go Bucs!!!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: Bobster for president.

Let's Go Bucs!!!

He gets my vote! :D :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I am awaiting my financial compensation from the organization. I've been told recently (I believe it was April 1st to be exact) that this Nutting fellow is a very generous man.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

It wouldn't be a Pirates game without a base running blunder, this one courtesy of Newman, who is hit by a throw but he's 2-3 feet into fair territory up the first base line.....yeah, that lane thing Kevin....use it
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

And the first batter Cahill faces as a Pirate.......454' home run. Maybe he'll get better. :'(
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

You know, it's great watching other games and getting an idea why certain teams just can't get over the hump.

Take the Twins. They tie the game up 3-3. They are known for their plate discipline, displaying it all game. However.....

They are also known for choking. And choke this one they did. Extra innings, the guy on second, gets held at third on a single. Okay, playing it safe.....However.....

First and third no one out, and the next batter up in the count, now gets out of character for the Twins, and swings at ball four and ball five and strikes out. Still all they have to do is put the ball in play right?

that they do, however, the team that was OH SO CONSERVATIVE holding the runner at third now puts on the contact play, and the guy on third is thrown out.

The Tigers on the other hand, put their DH into play defense, and had to bat the pitcher if that spot came up, unless they wanted to use their last position player. Somehow, the Twins refused to make that guy come to bat.

Tigers win on a walk off single.

All that talent, and once again, I just know, the Twins will go no where.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: And the first batter Cahill faces as a Pirate.......454' home run. Maybe he'll get better.  :'(
gets the jitters of a perfect game out of the way
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Okay, couple strike outs. Colin Moran is a beast at Great American Smallpark...he'll tie it up
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Evans must have the skitters. He tapped back on the first pitch, and headed right for the locker room......didn't they tell you to go before the inning started?