Hayes service time

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Hayes service time

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

One of the most complicated things in BB is figuring out service time. Re Hayes: does this time count against his arbitration status? Or did last year kick him into the arbitration countdown?
DemDog

Hayes service time

Post by DemDog »

7275636B6572353940676D61696C2E636F6D000 wrote: One of the most complicated things in BB is figuring out service time.  Re Hayes: does this time count against his arbitration status? Or did last year kick him into the arbitration countdown?

I did some research and a player accrues service time while he is on the 26 man active roster as well as on the 7, 10, or 15 day DL. 

A full season is made up of 172 days.  Hayes currently has 13 days of service time according to Baseball-Reference. At his point in the 2021 season, Hayes will not accrue enough service time to have one full season of service time.  In essence, it is like the Cubs did with Kris Bryant during his rookie year, so Hayes will have an extra season under team control before arbitration & becoming a FA.  Heck guy, you are the official OBN attorney you should be able to figure it out too!

Hi! to J and Mrs. VaPirate from Mrs. Possum and me.
Ecbucs

Hayes service time

Post by Ecbucs »

74555D745F57300 wrote: One of the most complicated things in BB is figuring out service time.  Re Hayes: does this time count against his arbitration status? Or did last year kick him into the arbitration countdown?

I did some research and a player accrues service time while he is on the 26 man active roster as well as on the 7, 10, or 15 day DL. 

A full season is made up of 172 days.  Hayes currently has 13 days of service time according to Baseball-Reference. At his point in the 2021 season, Hayes will not accrue enough service time to have one full season of service time.  In essence, it is like the Cubs did with Kris Bryant during his rookie year, so Hayes will have an extra season under team control before arbitration & becoming a FA.  Heck guy, you are the official OBN attorney you should be able to figure it out too! 

thanks for info. those 13 days of service time are just so far in 2021? Doesn't he have close to 30 from last year too?
DemDog

Hayes service time

Post by DemDog »

684E4F584E5E2D0 wrote: One of the most complicated things in BB is figuring out service time.  Re Hayes: does this time count against his arbitration status? Or did last year kick him into the arbitration countdown?

thanks for info.  those 13 days of service time are just so far in 2021?  Doesn't he have close to 30 from last year too?

My bad!  Those 13 days of service time is what he accrued in 2020 according to Baseball-Reference. He only has 2 days of service time accrued in 2021. But when I look at other stats he sure must have more than that.  He played in 24 games in 2020 but I still think that his service time will not be affected just as I said above.
ChitownBucco

Hayes service time

Post by ChitownBucco »

does service time acrue after the 40 man expansion?
mouse

Hayes service time

Post by mouse »

I've always understood the player gets service time credit for every day on the ML roster or on the injured list. I've never seen a distinction that would exclude time when on the 60-day list. I can't imagine the players union would accept that. I suspect he's getting credit for every day this season, even though injured.
DemDog

Hayes service time

Post by DemDog »

3A38222432570 wrote: I've always understood the player gets service time credit for every day on the ML roster or on the injured list. I've never seen a distinction that would exclude time when on the 60-day list. I can't imagine the players union would accept that. I suspect he's getting credit for every day this season, even though injured.

What I found out was even though he is on the 40-man he is not on the active roster. Only players on the active roster or on the 7,10,or 15 day injured list accrue service time. This is according to MLB rules on the subject. I would think that with the new CBA coming up it will be item that will get some serious discussion by the MLBPA and MLB.
mouse

Hayes service time

Post by mouse »

Thank you. Isn't that interesting. I suspect it is one more issue for the next CBA.
rucker59@gmail.com

Hayes service time

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0D2C240D262E490 wrote: One of the most complicated things in BB is figuring out service time.  Re Hayes: does this time count against his arbitration status? Or did last year kick him into the arbitration countdown?

Heck guy, you are the official OBN attorney you should be able to figure it out too! 

Possum, after the stellar work you’ve provided in this thread, I’m going to start calling you Mr. Possum.

Mr Possum - the quality of my work correlates perfectly with legal fees collected. Given that OBN International, LLC has yet to pay a single dollar of my fees over the years, I’m officially on strike.

Least you could do is keep donuts in the conference room.

My best to Mrs Possum. Still don’t know how you got so lucky.
DemDog

Hayes service time

Post by DemDog »

4B4C5A525C4B0C00795E54585055175A5654390 wrote: One of the most complicated things in BB is figuring out service time.  Re Hayes: does this time count against his arbitration status? Or did last year kick him into the arbitration countdown?

Heck guy, you are the official OBN attorney you should be able to figure it out too! 

Possum, after the stellar work you’ve provided in this thread, I’m going to start calling you Mr. Possum.

Mr Possum - the quality of my work correlates perfectly with legal fees collected.  Given that OBN International, LLC has yet to pay a single dollar of my fees over the years, I’m officially on strike.

Least you could do is keep donuts in the conference room. 

My best to Mrs Possum.  Still don’t know how you got so lucky.

I was under the opinion that you were working pro-bono for OBN International, LLC. ;D ;D ;D My daughter the law librarian and holder of a MJ from the Univ of Washington Law School helped me understand what pro-bone is. That means you work for a lot less than Rudy G. ;D ;D ;D