Hayes 3B

Reynolds CF

Moran 1B

Polanco RF

Newman SS

Perez C

Tom LF

Anderson P 3-5 4.67 ERA

This might quite possibly be the last time Albert Pujols is seen at PNC Park, save a PH appearance tomorrow.

Let's Go Bucs!!!!!
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread 6/9/2021 LA Dodgers vs. Pirates

Post by Surgnbuck »

Sorry if I stepped on toes for posting the GDT.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates don't do well against season debuts. Or career debuts. Or even debutantes.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

406D60717667703033020 wrote: The Pirates don't do well against season debuts. Or career debuts. Or even debutantes.
Well done, sir, well done!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We're 23 and 36. When DO we do well? :(
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Has there been a player in history who's destroyed Pirates pitching more than Albert Pujols?  I know he's not what he used to be but, if he were to have his usual PNC Park game tonight, we're looking at three hits (one a home run), four RBIs, and another Pirates loss, mostly because of him.

He's been a special player.  Just like people today look back at Lou Gehrig's career with great reverence, people 100 years from now will do the same regarding Pujols.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

567077626B6770666E050 wrote: Sorry if I stepped on toes for posting the GDT. 

No toes stepped on. If you would have done so I would have hunted you down and whacked you upside the head with the cane I am using for my severely sprained ankle. I am serious about the cane and ankle. Personally, I get a kick out of the great poetic ways you post the initial message when you start the thread. You are free to start the OGT any time you like and I don't beat you to it. Thanks guy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Maybe they'll color code the bases for Hayes tonight. And have him carry a checklist to check off each base he touches. :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Start time 8:15 just announced on the television side
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Why my mind wanders where it does, IDK. So I'm watching the Giants-Rangers game, and thought, "that looks like artificial surface". So I did research on the new digs for the Rangers, which amazes me that the franchise, which began in 1972, is already on their third stadium.

The distances in the park are in honor of various players and teams, like 329 feet down left field line, to honor Adrian Beltre's #29. Home plate to the wall behind it is 42 feet to honor Jackie Robinson. Stuff like that.

The retractable roof is 5.5 acres, and weighs 24 million pounds. The playing surface is an artificial surface, that uses ground up coconut husks and fibers as the fill, which has less "splashing" then similar surfaces.

The roof is a special polymer that is transparent to allow natural light, and is the largest single panel operable roof in the world.

Watching the Brewers and Reds right now. We all know about Great American Smallpark.