2. Trea Turner (R) SS

3. Juan Soto (L) RF

4. Ryan Zimmerman (R) 1B

5. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

6. Yan Gomes (R) C

7. Jordy Mercer (R) 3B

8. Victor Robles (R) CF

9. Patrick Corbin (L) P

Shelty is a stooge for playing Pooplanco and batting him 5th instead of letting the RH batting Evans have a go in the 5th spot. >:( >:( >:( >:(
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 615 - Shelty's Stooges @ The Nats

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!

Tonight's the night!
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

It appears to me that Shelton has seen the movie 'Meatballs' with Bill Murray one too many times when Murray (a camp counselor) shouts out something along the lines that --- It just doesn't matter because no matter what we do the counselors at another camp will get all the good looking girls'.

With Shelton, it is becoming more apparent each and every day that nothing really matters.

I know that baseball is a long season. However, when you have lost 8 games in a row and are missing one of your 4 best hitters (Moran), why on earth would you sit Frazier in favor of either Newman or Gonzalez. Frazier is one of the leading hitters in the league and has good splits against both lefties and righties. And, its not like either Gonzalez or Newman has been rotting away on the bench for weeks, and its not like either needs development time in the majors.

I know I shouldn't really care. I now expect the Pirates to lose every night. Unfortunately, Shelton seems to reinforce my expectations with the line-ups he posts and how he manages games. Hopefully the players are having fun in the club-house and are not too stressed out by the season; clearly Shelton isn't.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2F030B0C0720170111620 wrote: It appears to me that Shelton has seen the movie 'Meatballs' with Bill Murray one too many times when Murray (a camp counselor) shouts out something along the lines that --- It just doesn't matter because no matter what we do the counselors at another camp will get all the good looking girls'. 

With Shelton, it is becoming more apparent each and every day that nothing really matters. 

I know that baseball is a long season.  However, when you have lost 8 games in a row and are missing one of your 4 best hitters (Moran), why on earth would you sit Frazier in favor of either Newman or Gonzalez.  Frazier is one of the leading hitters in the league and has good splits against both lefties and righties.  And, its not like either Gonzalez or Newman has been rotting away on the bench for weeks, and its not like either needs development time in the majors. 

I know I shouldn't really care.  I now expect the Pirates to lose every night.  Unfortunately, Shelton seems to reinforce my expectations with the line-ups he posts and how he manages games.  Hopefully the players are having fun in the club-house and are not too stressed out by the season; clearly Shelton isn't. 
I know the talent is lacking and that losing a ton of games is inevitable. But at the same time they need to be selling the fans on the idea that they know what they're doing. Otherwise, who would buy into the rebuilding idea with any sense o0f confidence that it could succeed?

That's why it's so disturbing to have a manager who appears to be a clueless imbecile every game. Just show us you know what you're doing. At this rate, even if the talent was upgraded they'd still be losing games needlessly because of the counterproductive asinine decisions of the manager. I hope that Cherington is as shocked as most fans by Shelton's managing. It was obviously a bad hire. I hope Cherington has the nerve, and the good sense to rid the team of Shelton before next year.
shedman

Post by shedman »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: It appears to me that Shelton has seen the movie 'Meatballs' with Bill Murray one too many times when Murray (a camp counselor) shouts out something along the lines that --- It just doesn't matter because no matter what we do the counselors at another camp will get all the good looking girls'. 

I know that baseball is a long season.  However, when you have lost 8 games in a row and are missing one of your 4 best hitters (Moran), why on earth would you sit Frazier in favor of either Newman or Gonzalez.  Frazier is one of the leading hitters in the league and has good splits against both lefties and righties.  And, its not like either Gonzalez or Newman has been rotting away on the bench for weeks, and its not like either needs development time in the majors. 

I know I shouldn't really care.  I now expect the Pirates to lose every night.  Unfortunately, Shelton seems to reinforce my expectations with the line-ups he posts and how he manages games.  Hopefully the players are having fun in the club-house and are not too stressed out by the season; clearly Shelton isn't. 
I know the talent is lacking and that losing a ton of games is inevitable. But at the same time they need to be selling the fans on the idea that they know what they're doing. Otherwise, who would buy into the rebuilding idea with any sense o0f confidence that it could succeed?

That's why it's so disturbing to have a manager who appears to be a clueless imbecile every game. Just show us you know what you're doing. At this rate, even if the talent was upgraded they'd still be losing games needlessly because of the counterproductive asinine decisions of the manager. I hope that Cherington is as shocked as most fans by Shelton's managing. It was obviously a bad hire. I hope Cherington has the nerve, and the good sense to rid the team of Shelton before next year. 
_______

You want to talk about a clueless imbecile - that would be Cherington.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Shedman

I believe you are off-base on BC.

His trades have resulted in bringing new talent into the organization.

Unfortunately, ownership provides him a budget that is the equivalent of the amount I earned at a job when I was a teenager; $1,00/hour for 4 hours a week (1 hour per day).

BC, like any GM, would obviously like to sign better free agents than Anderson or Cahill and to endlessly need to scrounge through the waiver wire for any potential morsels of talent, but hey, what can you do when you have a payroll in the range of $40 mil and there is an unproductive player on the team who is pulling down $13 mil or so.

That said, my opinion of BC will waiver if he fails to dump Shelton and most of the coaching staff at the end of this season.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This game could be over before the Pirates bat in the 2nd.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Polanco! >:(

Whiffs on the catch and then kicks the ball. Come on, other GMs! Don't you want this guy?
shedman

Post by shedman »

1C30383F3413243222510 wrote: Shedman

I believe you are off-base on BC. 

His trades have resulted in bringing new talent into the organization.

Unfortunately, ownership provides him a budget that is the equivalent of the amount I earned at a job when I was a teenager; $1,00/hour for 4 hours a week (1 hour per day).

BC, like any GM, would obviously like to sign better free agents than Anderson or Cahill and to endlessly need to scrounge through the waiver wire for any potential morsels of talent, but hey, what can you do when you have a payroll in the range of $40 mil and there is an unproductive player on the team who is pulling down $13 mil or so.

That said, my opinion of BC will waiver if he fails to dump Shelton and most of the coaching staff at the end of this season. 
_______

MaineBucs,

Respectfully, I disagree. I haven't seen any "talent" added to the system(in fact, Cherington has been busy salary dumping what little talent we had). Rather what I see is an endless stream of LMG's who can't hit major league pitching, while we all complain about Polanco and Shelton. In Cherington's 1st year, we had the worst record in all of baseball while he was "seeing what he has". In his 2nd year, there are only 2 teams in all of baseball with a worse record. I don't think he has any idea what he is doing and getting rid of Shelton and Polanco won't result in any improvement. I don't think Shelton is a very good Manager, but no Manager could win with the team that Cherington puts on the field. He appears to me to be the very definition of an imbecile.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Game over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_j8W-SDefU" style="border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%">