Bucs trade Kevin Kramer to Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

The Bucs get Nathan Kirby and lefty reliever in AA who was drafted in the 1st rd of the 2015 draft 22 spots before Kramer who went in the 2nd round.

More info to follow
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

A nothing for nothing trade. Two organizations giving up on players and just swapping to see if either guy has anything to offer a new team.

Kramer was a AAAA player who hit well enough in the minors but never impressed the Pirates. And this year he's only hitting .196 at Indy. Kirby's career has never got off the ground after having TJS and thoracic outlet surgery. Drafted in 2015 but only appeared in 5 games that year before injuries put him out until 2018. Then he didn't pitch again until this year. Currently has a 1.93 ERA in 18.2 IP in AA but has trouble throwing strikes with 13 walks. Brewers apparently don't think much of him if they gave him up for Kramer.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

If Kramer makes it back to the big leagues, the first series he plays against the Pirates will see him hit two HRs, drive in six, and hit .375 over the three games. It’s inevitable.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Did we ever get a "Kramer, Newman, Frazier" sitcom lineup?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

03242F0C410 wrote: Did we ever get a "Kramer, Newman, Frazier" sitcom lineup?

Our line-up's been pretty funny either way.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It would appear that by moving Kramer this will soon open a spot for Castro to jump from Altoona to Indy. When Frazier is moved Tucker will probably return to Pittsburgh, which opens the roster spot at Indy for Castro. If Castro does well at Indy for the remainder of the season, he could start the 2022 season at Pittsburgh.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Like I always say- if you through enough "stuff" on the wall, most of it's going to stiNk. ,)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

556077777C4577777C7B77120 wrote: Like I always say- if you through enough "stuff" on the wall, most of it's going to stiNk.  ,)

You've been reading the Pirates management handbook again, haven't you? (Paperback of course. The hard cover costs more to make.)
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

You don't want to hear this. I was reading...but, it was an article from a Boston writer about Ben's demise up there.

Built upon a team that took it all....then, out of a job (regardless of how) within two years. He may have resigned, but the owner brought Dombrowski in to be his boss first.

He did much the same there.....got bodies....a series of good moves, but a few bad ones did him in.

Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval didn't pan out. I'm not sure that anyone could've foreseen them busting, except maybe being >30.

He won't need to worry about that happening in The Burgh. ;)
BenM

Post by BenM »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: You don't want to hear this.  I was reading...but, it was an article from a Boston writer about Ben's demise up there.

Built upon a team that took it all....then, out of a job (regardless of how) within two years.  He may have resigned, but the owner brought Dombrowski in to be his boss first.

He did much the same there.....got bodies....a series of good moves, but a few bad ones did him in.

Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval didn't pan out.  I'm not sure that anyone could've foreseen them busting, except maybe being >30. 

He won't need to worry about that happening in The Burgh.  ;)

Do you have a link?