Official Game Thread 7/7/2021 Braves vs. Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Season bragging rights on the line as the teams are now 3-3 this season.

Bravos:

Acuna Jr. RF

Freeman 1B

Albies 2B

Riley 3B

Arcia LF

Swanson SS

Heredia CF

Lucroy C

Smyly P 6-3 4.42 ERA

Your Pittsburgh Pirates:

Frazier 2B

Hayes 3B

Reynolds CF

Stallings C

Nogowski 1B

Difo RF

Newman SS

Oliva LF

Crowe P 1-5 6.26 ERA

Let's Go Bucs!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I guess it was sacrilege for Shelton to put out his best lineup. Gamel must have been tired circling the bases the last 4 games. Atlanta has their best lineup going offensively with Lucroy catching.

If ever there was a day to be running this might be it.

Bucs going for the sweep, we don't get to say that often. I'm heading out to the game, so GDT crowd, please post often, so I can come home and read what you saw/heard/made up.

FYI I never bring a broom for a sweep game. I think it's a jinx.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

775156434A4651474F240 wrote: I guess it was sacrilege for Shelton to put out his best lineup. Gamel must have been tired circling the bases the last 4 games.  Atlanta has their best lineup going offensively with Lucroy catching.

If ever there was a day to be running this might be it.

Bucs going for the sweep, we don't get to say that often. I'm heading out to the game, so GDT crowd, please post often, so I can come home and read what you saw/heard/made up.

FYI I never bring a broom for a sweep game. I think it's a jinx.
It's sad when a team has to try to overcome its own manager to win.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another fundamental mistake. Frazier freezes at 3B until he sees the SS field the ball in the hole. Only then does Frazier take off for home where he is an easy out. Brown and Wehner rave about the SS making the play but he had plenty of time to throw home with Frazier waiting until the ball is fielded to run. What was Cora telling him?

Fortunately, Stallings brings the runs in anyway with a 3-run HR.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I am becoming a fan of this Nogoski fellow!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates might have found somethings with guys like Gamel and Nogowski at least so far. Gamel just turned 29 and Nogowski is only 28 and while both aren’t MVP Candidates they are both huge upgrades over guys like Dustin Fowler and Anthony Alford who both were flat out terrible to start the season on this team.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Glad to see Crowe said something to the arrogant Acuna after Acuna struck out in his first AB since preening and flexing his muscles before taking off for 1B in his previous AB when he homered. Acuna didn't like it. He likes showing up pitchers when he hit HRs. He doesn't think it should work the other way when the pitcher strikes him out.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

436E63727564733330010 wrote: Glad to see Crowe said something to the arrogant Acuna after Acuna struck out in his first AB since preening and flexing his muscles before taking off for 1B in his previous AB when he homered. Acuna didn't like it. He likes showing up pitchers when he hit HRs. He doesn't think it should work the other way when the pitcher strikes him out.
Too bad he couldn't go 5
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

43666565705B666E6C7B090 wrote: I am becoming a fan of this Nogoski fellow!
Another hit for the Big Nogowski- So far, so good
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1E20252D3E26262D0D283F2C7B490 wrote: Glad to see Crowe said something to the arrogant Acuna after Acuna struck out in his first AB since preening and flexing his muscles before taking off for 1B in his previous AB when he homered. Acuna didn't like it. He likes showing up pitchers when he hit HRs. He doesn't think it should work the other way when the pitcher strikes him out.
Too bad he couldn't go 5
Yeah, but Crowe tends to blow up sometimes. Maybe Shelton had a feeling Crowe was ready to implode. But this is what is odd about Shelton. He may have felt that he needed to pull Crowe right then and there for the best chance of winning the game. And yet he routinely makes head scratching lineups with little or no chance to win games. It's as if he wants to win some games and doesn't care about others.