Let's Go Bucs!!!!
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread 7/8/2021 Bucs vs. Mets

Post by Surgnbuck »

Second start in a row Brubaker gets Sheltoned
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Not having Reynolds in the line-up is just as bad as having Polanco in it. They played a day game yesterday. He's getting a day off next Monday, he'll barely play on Tuesday, and he'll get two more days off after that. Shelton's a disaster.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Reynolds needs a day off to prepare for the all-star break next week. ::)

These constant, deliberate subpar lineups show Shelton doesn't care if they win or lose. So why does Shelton even care about making pitching changes in games when he obviously doesn't care about the outcome?
2drfischer@gmail.c

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: Reynolds needs a day off to prepare for the all-star break next week.  ::)

These constant, deliberate subpar lineups show Shelton doesn't care if they win or lose. So why does Shelton even care about making pitching changes in games when he obviously doesn't care about the outcome?

It begs the question as to whether or not he's getting instruction from BC to field inferior line-ups to assure as many losses as possible. If I were a manager, especially a new one, I'd be trying to win every game possible to protect my own reputation. He sure doesn't manage that way, so it makes me wonder what's going on.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

174157434C56464D4057654248444C490B46250 wrote: Reynolds needs a day off to prepare for the all-star break next week.  ::)

It begs the question as to whether or not he's getting instruction from BC to field inferior line-ups to assure as many losses as possible.  If I were a manager, especially a new one, I'd be trying to win every game possible to protect my own reputation.  He sure doesn't manage that way, so it makes me wonder what's going on.
I think some is what BC wants and some is Shelton's utter incompetence. I'm sure BC didn't tell Shelton to do a double-switch last week so that his new reliever could lead off the next inning. And BC probably doesn't tell him to make up lineups so that there are only LH PHers on the bench. Or to leave in struggling pitchers in hopes they can suddenly execute pitches. I think Shelton's decisions show such a high level of incompetence that it's easy to blame him for every bad move even if BC is really the one behind some of them. I hope Shelton has a very brief tenure as manager so that if BC is ordering bad moves, at least the problem isn't compounded by additional bad moves from the manager.
2drfischer@gmail.c

507D70616677602023120 wrote: Reynolds needs a day off to prepare for the all-star break next week.  ::)

It begs the question as to whether or not he's getting instruction from BC to field inferior line-ups to assure as many losses as possible.  If I were a manager, especially a new one, I'd be trying to win every game possible to protect my own reputation.  He sure doesn't manage that way, so it makes me wonder what's going on.
I think some is what BC wants and some is Shelton's utter incompetence. I'm sure BC didn't tell Shelton to do a double-switch last week so that his new reliever could lead off the next inning. And BC probably doesn't tell him to make up lineups so that there are only LH PHers on the bench. Or to leave in struggling pitchers in hopes they can suddenly execute pitches. I think Shelton's decisions show such a high level of incompetence that it's easy to blame him for every bad move even if BC is really the one behind some of them. I hope Shelton has a very brief tenure as manager so that if BC is ordering bad moves, at least the problem isn't compounded by additional bad moves from the manager.   

I know BC makes no in-game decisions. Shelton’s screwing those up all by himself. But I can see BC “suggesting” certain players be placed in the starting line-up. What else could explain Polanco playing so much? But I agree there’s no way BC is talking with Shelton during games. I would never expect that.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

510711050A10000B061123040E020A0F4D00630 wrote: Reynolds needs a day off to prepare for the all-star break next week.  ::)

I know BC makes no in-game decisions.  Shelton’s screwing those up all by himself.  But I can see BC “suggesting” certain players be placed in the starting line-up.  What else could explain Polanco playing so much?  But I agree there’s no way BC is talking with Shelton during games.  I would never expect that.
I just don't understand it. Especially being a switch hitter. we need him in the lineup..Compete incompetence on Shelton's part. I haven't been paying attention as to whether he does this only on the road with Frazier and Reynolds. Meaning that the fans who come to PNC would not be at all happy if those two were not in the lineup.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1E20252D3E26262D0D283F2C7B490 wrote: Reynolds needs a day off to prepare for the all-star break next week.  ::)

I know BC makes no in-game decisions.  Shelton’s screwing those up all by himself.  But I can see BC “suggesting” certain players be placed in the starting line-up.  What else could explain Polanco playing so much?  But I agree there’s no way BC is talking with Shelton during games.  I would never expect that.
I just don't understand it. Especially being a switch hitter. we need him in the lineup..Compete incompetence on Shelton's part. I haven't been paying attention as to whether he does this only on the road with Frazier and Reynolds. Meaning that the fans who come to PNC would not be at all happy if those two were not in the lineup.
I believe Frazier and Reynolds have started every home game except May 12 when both sat and an embarrassing lineup scored 1 run for the home fans.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Game rained out.