Arenado (Cardinals) 3B

Freeman (Braves) 1B

Castellanos (Reds) RF

Winker (Reds) LF

Realmuto (Phillies) C

Reynolds (Pirates) CF

Frazier (Pirates) 2B

Scherzer (Nationals) P

I seriously don't know how the rules will work with Ohtani once he's done pitching. Does the pitcher spot have to bat from there on out? Guess it doesn't matter, plenty of PH available.
Bobster21

Official Game Thread All Star Game 7/13/2021 AL vs. NL

Post by Bobster21 »

They have made a special rule so that Ohtani stays in the game as the DH after he pitches. Of course he can be replaced by other DHs as the game goes on. But the AL has the DH leading off.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I hope Manfred and his whole team are criticized so heavily for having the players wear an all star uniform and not their own that this stupidity lasts only this year.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0355435758425259544371565C50585D1F52310 wrote: I hope Manfred and his whole team are criticized so heavily for having the players wear an all star uniform and not their own that this stupidity lasts only this year.
Here's a story that was on Yahoo. I hope the link works:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uniform-deci ... 50052.html

But I love how they were right to the point: Nike

IDK if you noticed, but that swoosh is on the uniforms. MLB never had advertising on their jerseys. They do now. Shoes are a big deal too now. I never knew the market for athletic shoes now days.

But one thing I'd caution them about people voting with their wallets. Buying apparel doesn't equate to buying season tickets, game day tickets, suites, etc. Many people wear sports fashion and don't go to games.

As much as I don't like Maddon, he nailed it. It's one thing to go with fashion, but what good is it if they never really learn about the game?

I've met many people over the years I like to call "ESPNers" all they care about in sports is hilites. They don't really follow the games, watch them. They look at the standings and follow the popular trends. they love that monsterous dunk or 500 foot HR without wondering, "Did their team win though?" That mentality has been around for quite some time now. A good example is, in the Pirates comeback win Sunday, except for nuanced sites like MLB network, even MLB's homepage had only Lindor's HR. No mention of the rookie Castro hitting two, his great play, Nogowski's tying hit, Difo's winning hit, nothing. Heck, they didn't even have Conforto's HR, which was a 3 run shot. Lindor is a big star.

Just the world we're living in.
2drfischer@gmail.c

466067727B7760767E150 wrote: I hope Manfred and his whole team are criticized so heavily for having the players wear an all star uniform and not their own that this stupidity lasts only this year.
Here's a story that was on Yahoo. I hope the link works:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uniform-deci ... 50052.html

But I love how they were right to the point: Nike

IDK if you noticed, but that swoosh is on the uniforms. MLB never had advertising on their jerseys. They do now. Shoes are a big deal too now. I never knew the market for athletic shoes now days.

But one thing I'd caution them about people voting with their wallets. Buying apparel doesn't equate to buying season tickets, game day tickets, suites, etc. Many people wear sports fashion and don't go to games.

As much as I don't like Maddon, he nailed it. It's one thing to go with fashion, but what good is it if they never really learn about the game?

I've met many people over the years I like to call "ESPNers" all they care about in sports is hilites. They don't really follow the games, watch them. They look at the standings and follow the popular trends. they love that monsterous dunk or 500 foot HR without wondering, "Did their team win though?"  That mentality has been around for quite some time now. A good example is, in the Pirates comeback win Sunday, except for nuanced sites like MLB network, even MLB's homepage had only Lindor's HR. No mention of the rookie Castro hitting two, his great play, Nogowski's tying hit, Difo's winning hit, nothing. Heck, they didn't even have Conforto's HR, which was a 3 run shot. Lindor is a big star.

Just the world we're living in.

I had no doubt the All Star jerseys were about making more money. I'm disappointed that so many of them were sold. (There's no accounting for taste.) It'll just encourage them to continue to make them beyond next year's models.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, I dislike them. I prefer the team uniforms. That being said, even the team uniforms aren't always well liked when they bring out new styles. So I'll just kind of look at it that way.

Case in point, when the Pirates had those red jerseys. I also dislike uniform numbers on the front of any teams jersey.

What I hate about this uniform for the ASG most of all, is the three letter abbreviation appears to be red for every team. Not to mention the floral design on the piping. Make that solid. Make the abbreviation and logo a combo of the team colors. Just like the Angels version looks like it could be a regular uni for them, so does the Dodgers.

Black and gold!!!!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

527473666F6374626A010 wrote: Well, I dislike them. I prefer the team uniforms. That being said, [highlight]even the team uniforms aren't always well liked when they bring out new styles.[/highlight] So I'll just kind of look at it that way.

Case in point, when the Pirates had those red jerseys. I also dislike uniform numbers on the front of any teams jersey.

What I hate about this uniform for the ASG most of all, is the three letter abbreviation appears to be red for every team. Not to mention the floral design on the piping. Make that solid. Make the abbreviation and logo a combo of the team colors. Just like the Angels version looks like it could be a regular uni for them, so does the Dodgers.

Black and gold!!!!!!

Agreed. Not all uniforms are winners. I like the ones that are simple and traditional.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

1D4B5D49465C4C474A5D6F48424E4643014C2F0 wrote:

Agreed.  Not all uniforms are winners.  I like the ones that are simple and traditional. 
BTW, did you see Manfred said the 7 inning doubleheader and ghost runners in extras is probably going away, but will depend upon the bargaining agreement?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ever been invited to a big party where you feel out of place, even though the hosts are so happy you're there and tell you to enjoy yourself, but you seem almost invisible?

Watching all the ASG stuff the last couple days, that must be how Frazier, Reynolds, and Mullins must feel. I don't think I've heard one of them mentioned once other than when the lineups were read.
2drfischer@gmail.c

75535441484453454D260 wrote:

Agreed.  Not all uniforms are winners.  I like the ones that are simple and traditional. 
BTW, did you see Manfred said the 7 inning doubleheader and ghost runners in extras is probably going away, but will depend upon the bargaining agreement?

Hope it happens, but I also hope they don’t stop there.  The three batter minimum for relievers and five mound visits need to go.  And while they’re at it, send replay, Interleague play, and the DH packing, too.