Mets-Kumar Rocker

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Mets-Kumar Rocker

Post by JollyRoger »

The NY Post is reporting that the Mets may pull away their offer to Rocker over concerns with his pitching elbow during today’s physical. They had agreed to a $6M deal

What happens if they do. Does he become a free agent?

Does he go back into the draft next year?

If he is a free agent would the Pirates actually shell out some money and take a risk even if he needs TJ surgery?
johnfluharty

Mets-Kumar Rocker

Post by johnfluharty »

By they'll probably make him a much lower offer which he will refuse and then he'll return to college.
Javy

Mets-Kumar Rocker

Post by Javy »

Boras is his agent. Would be surprised if he lets let him take less than the original offer.

Vandy will have an ace to start the season next year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Mets-Kumar Rocker

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I’d say Rocker and Boras are in a tough spot - there’s a real chance he can’t pitch anywhere next year. Staying at Vandy, I guess he could redshirt but that would put him two years away from the draft.

I suspect he’ll sign with the Mets but at steep discount. Big loss to Mets and Rocker.
johnfluharty

Mets-Kumar Rocker

Post by johnfluharty »

It's kind of a hard choice to make for Rocker, and depend on the nature of the injury or potential injury. If he tries to pitch through and blows out his arm, that could be really bad. But if he signs for a lower offer he's giving up a lot of potential cash.