2. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

3. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

4. Gregory Pooplanco (L) RF

5. John Nogowski (R) 1B

6. Jacob Stallings (R) C

7. Rodolfo Castro (S) 2B

8. Kevin Newman (R) SS

9. Wil Crowe (R) P

I can't wait until the rest of the weekend series gets going and we see a few of these kids BC just acquired. I also wonder how long BC will wait before he dumps Pooplanco?
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 7/30 - Bucs vs The Phillies

Post by Surgnbuck »

My prediction of him being gone after the TDL doesn't look very good. However, if they are going to get rid of Polanco, barring injury of course, I think it will be when they head out on the road trip. Let the fans digest it a bit, he is a popular player believe it or not.

If he's still with the team when they arrive in Milwaukee on Monday, he's probably here till the bitter end.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

735552474E4255434B200 wrote: My prediction of him being gone after the TDL doesn't look very good. However, if they are going to get rid of Polanco, barring injury of course, I think it will be when they head out on the road trip. Let the fans digest it a bit, he is a popular player believe it or not.

If he's still with the team when they arrive in Milwaukee on Monday, he's probably here till the bitter end.
It's counterproductive to keep him. He won't be back next year and they can use the remaining 2 months of the season to take a look at others now instead of waiting for next season. Even if Polanco was playing well, it would still make sense to use these 2 months to look at others. The fact that he is a liability both at bat and in the field should make it a no-brainer.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

456865747362753536070 wrote: My prediction of him being gone after the TDL doesn't look very good. However, if they are going to get rid of Polanco, barring injury of course, I think it will be when they head out on the road trip. Let the fans digest it a bit, he is a popular player believe it or not.

It's counterproductive to keep him. He won't be back next year and they can use the remaining 2 months of the season to take a look at others now instead of waiting for next season. Even if Polanco was playing well, it would still make sense to use these 2 months to look at others. The fact that he is a liability both at bat and in the field should make it a no-brainer. 
Expecting a large contingent of Philly fans in PNC for the weekend. This will make Bob happy. Along with the Pirate fans, Cutch will get a big ovation tonight
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

36080D05160E0E052500170453610 wrote: My prediction of him being gone after the TDL doesn't look very good. However, if they are going to get rid of Polanco, barring injury of course, I think it will be when they head out on the road trip. Let the fans digest it a bit, he is a popular player believe it or not.

Expecting a large contingent of Philly fans in PNC for the weekend. This will make Bob happy. Along with the Pirate fans, Cutch will get a big ovation tonight
I listed my tickets for Friday and Saturday, plus my parking passes for Fri-Sat-Sun. All of them sold within 10 minutes.

Kind of made me happy, I go back to work tonight after being off for 3 months. But sadly, if you look at the Pirates schedule for weekend home series, I don't think I will be able to sell any tickets.

Last hurrah for STH to make some profit off of tickets they can't use.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

To me, there’s much to be excited about after a week of BC acquiring a few players who look like they’ll contribute in positive ways. But, frankly, that’s been offset by seeing Polanco is still here and, worse, in the line-up. I’m really ticked off.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

What a goof by Harper!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3D6B7D69667C6C676A7D4F68626E6663216C0F0 wrote: To me, there’s much to be excited about after a week of BC acquiring a few players who look like they’ll contribute in positive ways.  But, frankly, that’s been offset by seeing Polanco is still here and, worse, in the line-up.  I’m really ticked off.
Harper looked like a real a$$ on that one
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3-0 Pirates. I hope they don't end up getting outscored 28-3 in the series.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Castro, what a bum! Only a double this time? Put him back on the bus to Altoona.