Who's coming up today?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Who's coming up today?

Post by Surgnbuck »

Only 24 on the roster right now. Who has their crystal ball working?

Any chance we see Hoy Park? Spot open on the 40 man roster right now. Castro perhaps? Pitching wise, the only guys in Indy on the 40 and NOT on the IL are: Mitch Keller, Max Kranick, Dillon Peters, and Cody Ponce.
Bobster21

Who's coming up today?

Post by Bobster21 »

6E484F5A535F485E563D0 wrote: Only 24 on the roster right now. Who has their crystal ball working?

Any chance we see Hoy Park? Spot open on the 40 man roster right now. Castro perhaps? Pitching wise, the only guys in Indy on the 40 and NOT on the IL are: Mitch Keller, Max Kranick, Dillon Peters, and Cody Ponce.
Good question. Both Castro and Marcano have experience at 2B in the minors and both have hit well this year although Marcano seems further along in AAA while Castro is in AA. Hoy Park would be another option. He's been hitting in AAA and has played a lot of 2B. They could also let Difo play 2B now and add Alford to the 40 man and recall him. He's a better option than Oliva and probably Polanco too (who may be gone shortly). Alford got hot at Indy and hit .313 from may 13 to July 1. Then he got hurt, missed about 2 weeks and has hit .341 in 10 games since returning. Altogether since May 13 he's hitting .329 with 9 HRs.
WildwoodDave2

Who's coming up today?

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6A4C4B5E575B4C5A52390 wrote: Only 24 on the roster right now. Who has their crystal ball working?

Who do you think will take Frazier's spot leading off? Newman? Difo?Maybe even Hayes
Surgnbuck

Who's coming up today?

Post by Surgnbuck »

427C7971627A7A715174637027150 wrote: Only 24 on the roster right now. Who has their crystal ball working?

Who do you think will take Frazier's spot leading off? Newman? Difo?Maybe even Hayes
Since he's done it a few times already, I'm guessing Newman.
UtahPirate

Who's coming up today?

Post by UtahPirate »

Don't forget we seemed to sign Dee Gordon as Frazier's backup. Strange move.

Personally, I'd love to see what Park can do.
Surgnbuck

Who's coming up today?

Post by Surgnbuck »

6E4F5A536B52495A4F5E3B0 wrote: Don't forget we seemed to sign Dee Gordon as Frazier's backup. Strange move.

I agree. Just think if he succeeded, that's some serious chops because of who he's replacing.
Bobster21

Who's coming up today?

Post by Bobster21 »

7253464F774E55465342270 wrote: Don't forget we seemed to sign Dee Gordon as Frazier's backup. Strange move.

I forgot about Gordon. He's currently hitting .246 at Indy. Considering that he's not hitting well there and that he's 33 and not part of the team's future, I'm guessing he won't get the call.
johnfluharty

Who's coming up today?

Post by johnfluharty »

I'd like to see them bring up both Hoy and Marcano and bump Castro to AAA. I'll give them both time at short and second and move Newman to the bench.

We'll probably see Newman and Difo starting though.
Bobster21

Who's coming up today?

Post by Bobster21 »

424740464E445D40495A5C51280 wrote: I'd like to see them bring up both Hoy and Marcano and bump Castro to AAA.  I'll give them both time at short and second and move Newman to the bench.

We'll probably see Newman and Difo starting though.
And I believe we are beyond the point where this would count as a service year for them as far as years of control are concerned. I don't expect both to be recalled but I would like to see either one of them get the call and move Castro to AAA. I also think it's time to bring up Alford even if someone has to be DFA'd or moved to 60 day IL (Gonzalez???) to add him to the 40. Oliva has no business on the MLB roster.
johnfluharty

Who's coming up today?

Post by johnfluharty »

I agree on Alford - as soon as the trade deadline passes bring him up, play him everyday regardless of what happens, and bench Polanco.