Re: Official Game Thread - 8/4 - Pirates vs. Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

shouldn't Brault be batting clean up?

Welcome back to him, wishing him a great game.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

What? No Pooplanco! I guess he needs some rest. Where is Hayes? Maybe just giving Castro a look see?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5E7F775E757D1A0 wrote: What? No Pooplanco!  I guess he needs some rest.  Where is Hayes?  Maybe just giving Castro a look see? 
It's the standard Shelton benching after someone has a good game. I mentioned in another thread that after all the times we wished Shelton would bench Polanco, it was likely to happen today following his good game last night. Shelton is amazing that way. ;D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

052825343322357576470 wrote: What? No Pooplanco!  I guess he needs some rest.  Where is Hayes?  Maybe just giving Castro a look see? 
It's the standard Shelton benching after someone has a good game. I mentioned in another thread that after all the times we wished Shelton would bench Polanco, it was likely to happen today following his good game last night. Shelton is amazing that way.  ;D
3 k's for Castro- he needs a day off
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

615F5A52415959527257405304360 wrote: What? No Pooplanco!  I guess he needs some rest.  Where is Hayes?  Maybe just giving Castro a look see? 
It's the standard Shelton benching after someone has a good game. I mentioned in another thread that after all the times we wished Shelton would bench Polanco, it was likely to happen today following his good game last night. Shelton is amazing that way.  ;D
Good 4 innings for Brault
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0836333B2830303B1B3E293A6D5F0 wrote: What? No Pooplanco!  I guess he needs some rest.  Where is Hayes?  Maybe just giving Castro a look see? 
Good 4 innings for Brault
Nogowski gives us the lead after Reynolds triple
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5E60656D7E66666D4D687F6C3B090 wrote: What? No Pooplanco!  I guess he needs some rest.  Where is Hayes?  Maybe just giving Castro a look see? 
Castro's HRs were nice and this is good experience for him but we need to remember he has never faced AAA pitching and is probably a little over his head right now. His raw power is great when he makes good contact but his BA is down to .200 so his frequency of good contact is poor. BC was interviewed during a recent broadcast and seemed to indicate they realize Castro isn't ready but wanted to reward his solid season at AA and take a look at him for awhile. He said there are a few others in the minors they would like to recall and take a look at as well, which sounded like Castro's stay is temporary.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

This home ump is squeezing the sh*t out of our pitchers, and it's not just home bias.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

This inning should be over, instead they have to burn another effing arm.

When you see consistent calls where one team gets squeezed and the other pitcher gets to expand his zone, and I mean it's been consistent the last couple innings, that's where you start wondering, "hmmmmm........game fixer?"
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

And the bad calls come back to bite us in the butt, as a worn out Shreve gives up a 3 run HR