Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: Detroit is nearing a two-year, $10 million deal with Robbie Grossman.
Detroit was #28 in OBP last season. (The Pirates were #30.) The one thing Grossman does well is draw walks. Doesn't hit for average or power. But he consistently has a good OBP. 

I'd sure rather see Grossman in RF instead of Polanco, regardless of his lack of power and average. He'd also be a defensive upgrade, but who wouldn't be? Sadly, we all know what a surprise it would be for Nutting to pay anyone $10 million, especially now.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

1244524649534348455260474D41494C0E43200 wrote: Detroit is nearing a two-year, $10 million deal with Robbie Grossman.
Detroit was #28 in OBP last season. (The Pirates were #30.) The one thing Grossman does well is draw walks. Doesn't hit for average or power. But he consistently has a good OBP. 

I'd sure rather see Grossman in RF instead of Polanco, regardless of his lack of power and average.  He'd also be a defensive upgrade, but who wouldn't be?  Sadly, we all know what a surprise it would be for Nutting to pay anyone $10 million, especially now.

It wouldn't take much to improve on Polanco. A less bad player would be an upgrade even if the improvement to the team was negligible. But I don't see Grossman being worth $10 million over 2 years to any team. That's a lot of money for walks. He better remember to keep the bat on his shoulder if he wants to earn his pay. :)
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Agree with the 2 for Grossman.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: Detroit is nearing a two-year, $10 million deal with Robbie Grossman.

I'd sure rather see Grossman in RF instead of Polanco, regardless of his lack of power and average.  He'd also be a defensive upgrade, but who wouldn't be?  Sadly, we all know what a surprise it would be for Nutting to pay anyone $10 million, especially now.

It wouldn't take much to improve on Polanco. A less bad player would be an upgrade even if the improvement to the team was negligible. But I don't see Grossman being worth $10 million over 2 years to any team. That's a lot of money for walks. He better remember to keep the bat on his shoulder if he wants to earn his pay. :)

I don't think Grossman is worth that much, either. Fortunately for him, the people in Detroit making the decisions think he is.

I know walks are important but, as a fan, I find them so boring.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Treinen- 3
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A4F5858536A58585354583D0 wrote: Agree with the 2 for Grossman.

2 for Grossman
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

023720202B1220202B2C20450 wrote: Treinen- 3

3 for Treinen
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

The Dodgers sign Blake Treinen for a 3.

The current standings are:

Padres - O'Grady(.5),Snell(4.5),Kim(1).,Darvish(4.5),Caratini(.5).

--Kim(1.5).................................................................11.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2),Wisler(2),Desclafini(2.5).................

--Brebbia(1),Casale(2)................................................10.5

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5),McCann(2.5)..............9.5

Rays - Zunino(2),Wacha(2),Mejia(1),Davies(3.5)........................8.5

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)............... 8

Rays - Zunino(2),Wacha(2),Mejia(1),Davies(3.5)........................8.5

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1),Holland(3.5)...................................7

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3),Claidio(2).....................................7

Dodgers Knebel(1),Kahnle(2.5),Treinen(3)................................6.5

White Sox - Lynn(4),Eaton(2.5)................................................6.5

Rangers -,Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5),Lowe(1),Dahl(3),Arihara(.5).....6.5

Phillies - Neris(3),Alvarado(2.5.................................................5.5

Mariners - Graveman(1),Flexen(2),Montero(2)..............................5

Marlins - Marte(3),Detwiler(1.5)................................................4.5

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1),Bell(2).........................................4

Red Sox Renfroe(2),Andriese(2)................................................4

Asros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Tigers - Urena(1),Grossman(2)...................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Reds - Hoffman-(.5),Ramirez(1.5),Garcia(.5)..............................2.5

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Geez, Cheringbton is slower than play-by mail chess.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

Pirates going to watch Corey Kluber work out. If he looks good, Pirates won't sign him.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

Welcome to the board 3Pirates3!