The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

The Departed

Post by Ecbucs »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: Some other former Bucs signed...

Jerrick Suiter - Cubs - was a big 1b that never hit for much power, converted to a pitcher.

Mitchell Tolman - Mets - Was a semi interesting prospect, until he was hit was a drug of abuse suspension like Montana. Was then passed by better players.

Andrew Susac - Pirates - I would imagine he was resigned to have the same role. Probably means they have no intention of bringing back Murphy and Maile. Lack of depth here will be an issue until someone steps up in the minors.

In addition to DuRapau, Socrates Brito, Gage Hinsz, Jason Martin, Hector Noesi, Pablo Reyes and Adrian Valerio declared FA.  They may have interest in bringing back Brito and Martin, as well as Burdi.

Other former Buc FAs include Jason Creasy, Stetson Allie, Clayton Richard, Dario Agrazal, Connor Joe, Trey Supak, Elvis Escobar, Jesus Liranzo, Bengie Gonzalez, and Taylor Gushe.
Interesting about Suiter. I didn't realize he was out of the organization. I saw him have a 4 hit game for Bradenton in 2016.

I have been rooting Hinz since his heart surgery. Was hoping he would show enough to stay in organization. Elvis Escobar too as I like position players that try the mound.
BellevueBuc

The Departed

Post by BellevueBuc »

Escobar was "with" the Yankees last year. He was not assigned to the Alternate camp.  Across 5 leagues he did well in 2019 (including winter ball).  Would be interesting to see how he does in the winter league this year.  Yhonathan Barrios looked like he could be a decent reliever. They traded him for Aramis Ramirez.  He ended up messing up his arm and never played again.

I also completely missed that Jordy Mercer was with the Yankees last year. Or forgot already.

I would imagine Hinz wound resign with the Pirates if he wants to continue playing.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Updated 2020 passings (Lindy McDaniel):

c - Hal Smith

1b - Bob Watson

2b - Joe Morgan

3b - Tony Taylor

ss - Tony Fernandez

lf - Lou Brock

cf - Jimmy Wynn

rf - Al Kaline

sp - Tom Seaver

sp - Bob Gibson

sp - Whitey Ford

sp - Johnny Antonelli

sp - Mike McCormick

rhrp - Lindy McDaniel

lhrp - Ron Perranoski

Mgr. - Jim Frey

Pittsburgh connections: Bob Oliver, Paul Pettit, Mike Ryan, Glenn Beckert
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Per the rogue Bucs Dugout page on Reddit, Dovydas Neverauskas has signed with the Hiroshima Carp.
BellevueBuc

The Departed

Post by BellevueBuc »

Some former Buc signings

Sam Moll with the Dbacks (never pitched, waiver wire special)

Parker Markel with the Padres

Taylor Gusheu with the Cubs

Yurdi Rosario with the Angels
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

083B2726252D1B263D213A3D2C2027490 wrote: Per the rogue Bucs Dugout page on Reddit, Dovydas Neverauskas has signed with the Hiroshima Carp.

This is true. Word on the street says that Carp has been added to the list of endangered species.

As if the bomb wasn't bad enough. Now, this.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

It looks like Dovy is replacing Kris Johnson with the Carp. Johnson pitched in four games with the Pirates in 2013, signed with the Carp in 2015. He's been one of the better pitchers in Japan since, but cratered to 0-7 this season.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Mel Rojas, Jr., now 30 years old, hit .349 with 47 homers and 135 RBIs in 142 games for KBO's KT Wiz. Jamie Romak hit .282 with 32 homers and 91 RBIs for SK Wyverns.
BellevueBuc

The Departed

Post by BellevueBuc »

7E4D5150535B6D504B574C4B5A56513F0 wrote: Mel Rojas, Jr., now 30 years old, hit .349 with 47 homers and 135 RBIs in 142 games for KBO's KT Wiz.  Jamie Romak hit .282 with 32 homers and 91 RBIs for SK Wyverns.

Romak has become a star in Korea.

This is from last year, but Romak vs another former Buc Jerry Sands.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadian-jami ... 56528.html

The bunting accuracy event would excite all the people that think that is fun. I would rather watch grass grow.
BellevueBuc

The Departed

Post by BellevueBuc »

Charlie Morton to the Braves.