Pitt Football

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

53727A537870170 wrote: Some exciting news for us Pitt fans.  Another QB arrives to enter the race to replace Kenny Pickett.

Kedon Slovis transfers from USC
I had heard that Pitt was interested in him. Hopefully he can fit right in
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

He'll have his chance to. Lost his starting job from injury and who knows what else out west and might've been hard to earn it back. Then, a change in HC, and, it's off to Pgh.

From how high the kid was on USC at the beginning, I think it says something favorable that a kid would be willing to head so far to come play for the school. He probably wouldn't do that if he didn't think well enough of the program and didn't see an oipportunity.

Pitt's not the only program that he could have considered.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Well, the season came crashing down on the Panthers last night when Nick Patti was injured. I must say that Breville did a nice job filling in for Patti. While they did not get their 12 wins finishing 11-3 is nothing to cry about. I'm looking forward to spring practice to see the battle for the job of replacing Pickett. I think Patti is in the lead but he must look out for Breville and the kid who transferred from USC.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

I get the feeling that Slovis is probably leading. If he wanted to be on the bench, he would've stayed right where he was. A good situation to have, and that alone speaks highly of the program. To lose a highly-regarded QB coach, yet have a decent QB willing to come across the country from a school that he would've preferred to stay is a sign that kids think well of the opportunity.

Tough to win against a good team when you're missing key kids at key positions. So, yes, a lot to like from the season, including the couple of lessons learned along the way. I hope that it's a good stepping stone.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

74555D745F57300 wrote: Well, the season came crashing down on the Panthers last night when Nick Patti was injured.  I must say that Breville did a nice job filling in for Patti.  While they did not get their 12 wins finishing 11-3 is nothing to cry about.  I'm looking forward to spring practice to see the battle for the job of replacing Pickett.  I think Patti is in the lead but he must look out for Breville and the kid who transferred from USC.
It's tough when you have to play most of the game with your

third string quarterback. The timing just isn't there. The only thing that really bothered was that stupid play call in the the 4th quarter on 3rd and one.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

From this morning's PG

Pitt Football Roster 2022 Scholarship Breakdown

This should be of great interest to us Pitt Fans! H2P
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

002129002B23440 wrote: From this morning's PG

This should be of great interest to us Pitt Fans!  H2P
They seem to be in pretty good shape except at Linebacker. That could change due to the transfer portal
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

58797158737B1C0 wrote: From this morning's PG

This should be of great interest to us Pitt Fans!  H2P
Final AP Rankings for the 2021 Season Pitt #13.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Frank Cignetti Jr. to be Pitt Panthers' new OC
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1E3F371E353D5A0 wrote: Frank Cignetti Jr. to be Pitt Panthers' new OC
I think it's a good move