2019 Minor League Affiliates Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Cody Ponce with good game tonight. 2 innings 3k's

Economos started and went 5 innings 2 runs, 6k's.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Jesus Valdez is off to a decent start for Bristol. He was return for David Freese last year.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

My WV Black Bears won two last night. 8-2 and 2-1 over the Williamsport Crosscutters.

The Black Bears are now just 2 games behind the Batavia Muckdogs for the lead in the Pinkney Division of the NYPL and 1 game behind Brooklyn Cyclones in the Wild Card race.

Mrs. Possum and I are going to the Black Bears game tonight to see a team that is in an actual pennant race. :)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

53727A537870170 wrote: My WV Black Bears won two last night.  8-2 and 2-1 over the Williamsport Crosscutters.

The Black Bears are now just 2 games behind the Batavia Muckdogs for the lead in the Pinkney Division of the NYPL and 1 game behind Brooklyn Cyclones in the Wild Card race.

Mrs. Possum and I are going to the Black Bears game tonight to see a team that is in an actual pennant race. :)
Are there any Pirates or their AAA or AA players who you saw as Black Bears? The clubhouse manager for the Aberdeen IronBirds in that league is a friend of mine.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

220F02131405125251600 wrote: My WV Black Bears won two last night.  8-2 and 2-1 over the Williamsport Crosscutters.

Are there any Pirates or their AAA or AA players who you saw as Black Bears? The clubhouse manager for the Aberdeen IronBirds in that league is a friend of mine. 

Since 2017 when we went to our first couple games we have seen the following players now with Altoona:

Nick Economos - P

Jason Delay - C

Robbie Glendenning - 2B

Brett Pope - 3B

Bligh Madris - RF

Jared Oliva - CF

Chris Sharpe - LF

At Indy we saw

Blake Weiman - P

Hunter Owen - 3B

There are bunches in Greensboro and Bradenton. Too many to name.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Whenever I go to a minor league game I buy a program and complete the scorecard. I save them and years later go back and look at the major leaguers I saw as prospects. I once saw Nomar Garciaparra in AA.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I used to do that at MLB games but lost interest in it a long time ago. But being the Bucco historian you are Bobster I sure do appreciate you doing that and then sharing stuff with others.
PMike

Post by PMike »

One of my dearest friends goes to 60+ games a year. He keeps a scorecard for every one. In addition to the box score, he writes attendance and who was with him for the game.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Mason Martin hit his eighth homer for Bradenton today which was a grand slam. Combined stats for him this season is 31 homers and 114 rbi. He is having a very good season. You just hope that hitting continues whenever he gets to Pittsburgh.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Martin hit his ninth home run today for Bradenton, and drove home 5 rbi. I sure hope he is the real deal.