Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Spring Training Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

515D5C070E070F02051A00370 wrote: Is it possible for a team to lose every Spring TrainingGame? You are now in mid season form

Don't encourage him, Dave.
The Bucs are now 0-5 , and I will agree their hitting has been deplorable, but several pitchers who will probably break camp in a month have done well. The defense has been much better than last year, so if a few hitters get going they should get a few wins.

My expectations for this year aren't very high. A "few" wins is about all I see happening. This team lacks just about everything needed to be competitive. It's going to take three years to contend, and that's if everything goes right.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

77505B78350 wrote: Has Polanco made any throws from the outfield yet?
No and that was the main reason I went to pirate city a week or so ago and when I saw the line up today I thought here we go but I did not see him throw today either . If someone does from and away game please post your observations
fjk090852-7

Spring Training Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bad loss today to the Orioles. Only 4 hits for the Bucs. Hopefully the bats will come around.
shedman

Spring Training Thread

Post by shedman »

I think we are looking at a 100+ loss season with a whole lot of hyping a future that never arrives in Pittsburgh.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Spring Training Thread

574C414049454A240 wrote: I think we are looking at a 100+ loss season with a whole lot of hyping a future that never arrives in Pittsburgh.

Hyping the future is one of the two things they're good at. That and making money.
Lecom

Spring Training Thread

Post by Lecom »

3D262B2A232F204E0 wrote: I think we are looking at a 100+ loss season with a whole lot of hyping a future that never arrives in Pittsburgh.

This has the potential to be worse than I originally expected and I was not expecting much.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Spring Training Thread

7F56505C5E330 wrote: I think we are looking at a 100+ loss season with a whole lot of hyping a future that never arrives in Pittsburgh.

This has the potential to be worse than I originally expected and I was not expecting much.

This season could get stupid scary with regard to wins and losses. We might see something similar to the early 1950s.
Bobster21

Spring Training Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

As bad as they look in exhibitions games with zero hitting, we know Reynolds and Frazier won't go hitless all season and Newman won't hit .167. They're going to be very bad this year but we can't expect the regular season hitting to be as bad as this.
shedman

Spring Training Thread

Post by shedman »

Some players will hit better and some will hit worse in the regular season than they did in spring training, but the end result is that we haven't won a single spring training game.
maher.timothy20@gm

Spring Training Thread

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

7B77762D242D25282F302A1D0 wrote: Bad loss today to the Orioles. Only 4 hits for the Bucs. Hopefully the bats will come around.

What bats?