SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

Shelton for GOG. I don't get what he's trying to do, but it seems to me, he's basically just managing like it's September and the team has already been eliminated, and has all the guys on board for the expanded rosters.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Cody Ponce.

The current count is:

Shelton - 2

Ponce - 1

Moran - 1

Get your votes in before the start of the next game.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

The current standings are:

GOG

Feliz - 2

Rodriguez - 1

Cherington - 1

De Pozo - 1

Shelton - 1

Williams - 0.5

Crick - 0.5

SOG

Keller - 1

Frazier - 1
SCBucco

SOG/GOG

Post by SCBucco »

GOG ...

Shelton 0.5; Miggy Del Pozzo 0.5
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

Shelton earned this one. Has SS Tucker in CF and moves Newman to 2B so utility guy Gonzalez (who actually has OF experience in the minors and even last year with Bucs as well as more experience at 2B than at any other position) can for no apparent reason play SS. The inexperienced Tucker misjudges a ball that costs 2 runs in a 1 run loss. Then there was the defensively deficient Bell overrunning a foul popup while the defensibly proficient Osuna was wasted as the DH.

But the coup de grâce was the brilliance of using Del Pozo in a high leverage situation who walked all 3 batters he faced in the Twins 4 run 6th. Shelton was down to Del Pozo because the day before he was so afraid of a pitcher getting hurt that he pulled Brault after 3 perfect innings and 35 pitches to insert Kuhl--who almost immediately got hurt. This initiated a parade of 8 relievers, none of which-wisely-was Del Pozo. But when he needed a reliever the next day it was Del Pozo by default. Even the minuscule chance of this roster winning games is further sabotaged by the relentlessly asinine decisions of Shelton. I can't believe how much incompetence he has packed into a mere 10 games.   

Oh yeah, always a good idea when the team isn't hitting to bench the one guy (Moran) who is.
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

I have him placed in The Peter Principle category.

Does Cherrington see it?
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

7144535358615353585F53360 wrote: I have him placed in The Peter Principle category.

Does Cherrington see it?
Cherington selected this oaf. That's on him. If this is an indication of Cherington's decision making prowess, things are worse than I ever imagined. And that's saying a lot!
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Burdi.

The current count is:

Shelton -1.5

Burdi - 1

Del Pozo - .5
WildwoodDave

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave »

352E23222B2728460 wrote: My vote for GOG goes to Burdi. 

The current count is:

Shelton -1.5

Burdi - 1

Del Pozo - .5
Burdi- recurring theme- We have no bullpen
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: I have him placed in The Peter Principle category.

Does Cherrington see it?
Cherington selected this oaf. That's on him. If this is an indication of Cherington's decision making prowess, things are worse than I ever imagined. And that's saying a lot!

I see that it's time for my favorite Pirates observation.

I don't know what's WORSE:

A) When the Pirates don't make a move, or

B) When they DO. @@@@@@@

Sigh.