Bucs vs Cubbies - Game Thread - 9/5

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

sptizbarth was recalled because of the two pitchers going on the IL, hasn't pitched in a week.

Yet, the Pirates had a number of guys "unavailable" yesterday

just the thought of all this is astounding
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3-2 count....off to the races
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

foul
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

STRIKES HIM OUT LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

133532272E2235232B400 wrote: that's 13 base runners that can't be accounted for by the HR's....and they still managed to only get 3 runs out of that

they have left the bases loaded twice, GIDP with the bases loaded, and first and third with one out and not score.

It's why I say, even when they have a "good" offensive day, they don't even remotely capitalize on the output....there easily should have been three more runs, minimum

But it really shouldn’t surprise you, Surge. The line-up, in fact the roster, has too many guys who aren’t major league hitters Actually, it’s impressive that they’ve had so many base runners today.

I can’t get upset by what’s occurred this year. The emphasis has been on stocking the system with players who have far more talent than what’s on the big league roster. The payroll Nutting gave Cherington for this year resulted in exactly what we might expect, and what’s ultimately transpired. One can’t buy a BMW with Chevrolet money.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4D6B6C79707C6B7D751E0 wrote: sptizbarth was recalled because of the two pitchers going on the IL, hasn't pitched in a week.

Yet, the Pirates had a number of guys "unavailable" yesterday

just the thought of all this is astounding
There's nothing Shelton likes more than making players unavailable. It makes him positively giddy! :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Orioles take 2 of 3 in New York against the Yankees.....I wonder what kind of comments are being typed on Only Yankees .Net?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0E584E5A554F5F54594E7C5B515D5550125F3C0 wrote: that's 13 base runners that can't be accounted for by the HR's....and they still managed to only get 3 runs out of that

they have left the bases loaded twice, GIDP with the bases loaded, and first and third with one out and not score.

It's why I say, even when they have a "good" offensive day, they don't even remotely capitalize on the output....there easily should have been three more runs, minimum

But it really shouldn’t surprise you, Surge.  The line-up, in fact the roster, has too many guys who aren’t major league hitters  Actually, it’s impressive that they’ve had so many base runners today.

I can’t get upset by what’s occurred this year.  The emphasis has been on stocking the system with players who have far more talent than what’s on the big league roster.  The payroll Nutting gave Cherington for this year resulted in exactly what we might expect, and what’s ultimately transpired.  One can’t buy a BMW with Chevrolet money.

I'd just like to see the occasional game where they have a runner at third base with less than 2 outs and plate those guys 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 times all in the same game
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

466067727B7760767E150 wrote: that's 13 base runners that can't be accounted for by the HR's....and they still managed to only get 3 runs out of that

But it really shouldn’t surprise you, Surge.  The line-up, in fact the roster, has too many guys who aren’t major league hitters  Actually, it’s impressive that they’ve had so many base runners today.

I can’t get upset by what’s occurred this year.  The emphasis has been on stocking the system with players who have far more talent than what’s on the big league roster.  The payroll Nutting gave Cherington for this year resulted in exactly what we might expect, and what’s ultimately transpired.  One can’t buy a BMW with Chevrolet money.

I'd just like to see the occasional game where they have a runner at third base with less than 2 outs and plate those guys 2 of 3 or 3 of 4 times all in the same game

Can you wait a couple of years?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Park and Newman quickly out.

Park looked like a steal, and probably still can be if he can hit at least .250.

Newman, he just looks ready to go with Tucker, but the reality is, one of them is still going to be around, unless someone down the line makes a big leap from single or AA