Minor Leagues

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Minor Leagues

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: Earlier in the month we were hearing that Cole Tucker was hitting well for Indy. That turned out to be a 4-game spurt. In his past 13 games he's hitting .152. And he's a switch hitter who, theoretically, always has the advantage on the pitcher. But he can't hit from either side of the plate. I doubt we even see him in September. Looks like his Pirate career is over.
I am afraid you are correct- Hey Bobster, I asked this question last night but no one responded.Is Stratton under contract for next year. You are usually on top of things
Bobster21

Minor Leagues

Post by Bobster21 »

033D3830233B3B301035223166540 wrote: Earlier in the month we were hearing that Cole Tucker was hitting well for Indy. That turned out to be a 4-game spurt. In his past 13 games he's hitting .152. And he's a switch hitter who, theoretically, always has the advantage on the pitcher. But he can't hit from either side of the plate. I doubt we even see him in September. Looks like his Pirate career is over.
I am afraid you are correct- Hey Bobster, I asked this question last night but no one responded. Is Stratton under contract for next year. You are usually on top of things
He's on a 1 year contract but is not eligible for free agency until 2024. He's eligible for arbitration next season if they want to keep him.
WildwoodDave2

Minor Leagues

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: Earlier in the month we were hearing that Cole Tucker was hitting well for Indy. That turned out to be a 4-game spurt. In his past 13 games he's hitting .152. And he's a switch hitter who, theoretically, always has the advantage on the pitcher. But he can't hit from either side of the plate. I doubt we even see him in September. Looks like his Pirate career is over.
I am afraid you are correct- Hey Bobster, I asked this question last night but no one responded. Is Stratton under contract for next year. You are usually on top of things
He's on a 1 year contract but is not eligible for free agency until 2024. He's eligible for arbitration next season if they want to keep him.
I think they should keep him. How about you?
Bobster21

Minor Leagues

Post by Bobster21 »

Definitely. He’s one of the few legitimate major league pitchers on their staff.
WildwoodDave2

Minor Leagues

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

123F32232435226261500 wrote: Definitely. He’s one of the few legitimate major league pitchers on their staff.
With him and Bednar they have a decent 8th or 9th guys
2drfischer@gmail.c

Minor Leagues

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Quinn Priester struck out the first nine batters of the game last night for Greensboro. Ended with 13 altogether in six innings of work.
WildwoodDave2

Minor Leagues

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

346274606F75656E637446616B676F6A2865060 wrote: Quinn Priester struck out the first nine batters of the game last night for Greensboro.  Ended with 13 altogether in six innings of work.
Good to hear because it seems the Pirates have good (we hope)

position players in the minors but outside of Priester I haven't heard much
fjk090852-7

Minor Leagues

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nick Gonzales had a good game today. 4 -7, 3 homers and 8 rbi. He now has 14 home runs.
fjk090852-7

Minor Leagues

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just had the chance to watch an A T T Sports Inside Pirates Baseball featuring the Greensboro High A team. I know you don’t want to get too excited for prospects, but this team appears to have some future MLB talent. Guys like Priester, Peguero, Burrows and Gonzales just to name a few seem to be can’t miss players. Just a guess,but I think that some of these players may not be promoted to Altoona for the end of the year because I get the feeling that the Pirates want these young guys to bond together, and possibly win a championship. I am probably hoping for the best, but it appears this group as well as others remind me of the group of players who joined the Bucs in the late 1960s. Guys like Oliver, Sangy, Cash, Ellis, and Robertson just to name a few. I really believe Pirates baseball will be fun to watch when these young players begin to arrive in Pittsburgh.
Surgnbuck

Minor Leagues

Post by Surgnbuck »

It's great to hear about a group of players who might be the core of some good days ahead from Greensboro.

When I was stationed there, I went to a lot of Hornets/Bats games. They had a pretty good core too in 1992, that you might have heard of.

Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada. I think they did okay.