The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Everyone who thought that Trevor Williams and Ben Cherington would improve the Pirates significantly beyond the results of Frank Coonelly and Neal Huntington.

Oh, I made that up.  Nobody thought that.

Let's look at the tape.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

1E2B3C3C370E3C3C37303C590 wrote: Everyone who thought that Trevor Williams and Ben Cherington would improve the Pirates significantly beyond the results of Frank Coonelly and Neal Huntington.

Oh, I made that up.  Nobody thought that.

Let's look at the tape.
There was relief that Huntington and Coonelly were gone. And of course fans hope the new regime is better. But I don't see anyone being overly optimistic. There's only so much a Nutting led team can do. The things that should have been accomplished (better drafting and developing) despite Nutting's constraints were being done poorly. Hopefully when given more than 1 mini-season to work with, BC and Williams will be better at those things. But I don't think that's allowing ourselves to be deceived. We'll just wait and see what happens.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Well, take the visiting fans from the attendance figures, and that will give you the number of those who have been deceived.

More likelly, they don't care one way or the other.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm man enough to at least partially concede and admit to a lukewarm poor word choice.

The more experienced, knowledgeable Pirates fans were not deceived into thinking that the Pirates would change their wicked ways when the FO was replaced.

I maintain that the more casual fans may have allowed themselves to thinking that BOB finally saw the light.

Most fans aren't as interested in the team as we are, posting on message boards and the like.  So, there are probably a good number out there who still need to learn...
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Aaron Slegers is now pitching for Tampa in the ALCS. I recall he spent ST with the Pirates a couple years ago.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Watched the Tampa vs Astros game tonight and it appears Austin Meadows is bigger than when he played with Pittsburgh. Probably he has put on some muscle, but he just looks heavy to me. When he arrived in Pittsburgh he played some centerfield, but I doubt he could play there now.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Glasnow will start game 1of the WS.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

What a bite in the baseballs. Thanks, Neal. :(((
WildwoodDave

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave »

0C392E2E251C2E2E25222E4B0 wrote: What a bite in the baseballs.  Thanks, Neal.  :(((

Guess you will be saying the same thing when Morton gets his start
WildwoodDave

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave »

516F6A627169696242677063060 wrote: What a bite in the baseballs.  Thanks, Neal.  :(((

Guess you will be saying the same thing when Morton gets his start

And when Austin Meadows hit one out