The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

Jung Ho Kang is seeking reinstatement in the KBO. The league ruled that he must serve a year suspension and do public service if he signs with a club.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

7B5C5774390 wrote: Jung Ho Kang is seeking reinstatement in the KBO. The league ruled that he must serve a year suspension and do public service if he signs with a club.

What a shame. He was a very good player until he let the "sauce" take over his life. Imagine what the Bucs might have had if he did not have a drinking and driving problem.
johnfluharty

The Departed

Post by johnfluharty »

We've had two pretty good players destroy their careers in the last couple years. Got to be pretty low odds on that happening
BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

Today is the anniversary of that time Lloyd McClendon stole first base. . . literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhnoCkp2QUo
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

1D3A31125F0 wrote: Today is the anniversary of that time Lloyd McClendon stole first base. . . literally.

That was funny. But he's still the worst manager I ever saw. I liked him as a player and hoped he's be a good manager. But he had a bad team and made them worse. He didn't last long in Seattle either.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

I can see it now! With social distancing, a manager might take a hint from Lloyd and just say a few words to the ump and then lean down and steal the 1B bag or whatever bag is in question. ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

775A57464150470704350 wrote: Today is the anniversary of that time Lloyd McClendon stole first base. . . literally.

That was funny. But he's still the worst manager I ever saw. I liked him as a player and hoped he's be a good manager. But he had a bad team and made them worse. He didn't last long in Seattle either.

Pirates worst manager has been a toss-up for me between McLendon and John Russell. I'm still not sure if Russell was clinically dead in his time here.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

306670646B71616A677042656F636B6E2C61020 wrote: Today is the anniversary of that time Lloyd McClendon stole first base. . . literally.

Pirates worst manager has been a toss-up for me between McLendon and John Russell.  I'm still not sure if Russell was clinically dead in his time here.

I hear ya. But when Mac was grossly overmanaging every game, making every move he had ever seen a manager make without understanding why, I used to say they would do better if he would just sleep through the games. Then they hired Russell who seemed to be sleeping through the games. I thought Russell's complete inactivity was an upgrade over the awake and counterproductive McClendon. It's a sad state of affairs when the total lack of anything resembling a pulse (Russell) isn't the worst thing you've seen in a manager.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

557875646372652526170 wrote: Today is the anniversary of that time Lloyd McClendon stole first base. . . literally.

Pirates worst manager has been a toss-up for me between McLendon and John Russell.  I'm still not sure if Russell was clinically dead in his time here.

I hear ya. But when Mac was grossly overmanaging every game, making every move he had ever seen a manager make without understanding why, I used to say they would do better if he would just sleep through the games. Then they hired Russell who seemed to be sleeping through the games. I thought Russell's complete inactivity was an upgrade over the awake and counterproductive McClendon. It's a sad state of affairs when the total lack of anything resembling a pulse (Russell) isn't the worst thing you've seen in a manager. 

Interesting point. A manager's actions were worse than another manager's complete inaction. I should've used that defense with my mother when she caught me beating the crap out of my younger brother. "But mom, don't ya see, it woulda been worse if I didn't hit him!"
skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

306670646B71616A677042656F636B6E2C61020 wrote: Today is the anniversary of that time Lloyd McClendon stole first base. . . literally.

Interesting point.  A manager's actions were worse than another manager's complete inaction.  I should've used that defense with my mother when she caught me beating the crap out of my younger brother.  "But mom, don't ya see, it woulda been worse if I didn't hit him!"

Lloyd was the worst manager I ever saw.