Game Thread - 5/25 - Bucs @ Rays

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Just a shame, Brubaker battled to get through 6, Suwinski's heroics, just feels like we got robbed of one. But the Rays were tattooing the baseball all day, and put guys on for free, don't field the ball,

loss
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bednar also stole a W from Brubaker.

Need a long outing tomorrow by Contreras. Crowe, DeJong, Bednar probably not available.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7B5D5A4F464A5D4B43280 wrote: Hard one to take.  This one’s all on Bednar.  Best thing that can happen is he gets another chance tomorrow.
two gut punch games in a row, last night it was Suwinski and Reynolds choking, today Bednar

I know you don’t want to hear it but this is better than the losses that were coming in the first couple of months, when the team wasn’t nearly as competitive as it seems to be now. Earlier in the season, I rarely gave the team a chance to win that day’s game. I feel differently now.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6335233738223239342311363C30383D7F32510 wrote: Hard one to take.  This one’s all on Bednar.  Best thing that can happen is he gets another chance tomorrow.
two gut punch games in a row, last night it was Suwinski and Reynolds choking, today Bednar

I know you don’t want to hear it but this is better than the losses that were coming in the first couple of months, when the team wasn’t nearly as competitive as it seems to be now.  Earlier in the season, I rarely gave the team a chance to win that day’s game.  I feel differently now.
agreed doc
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

277167737C66767D7067557278747C793B76150 wrote: Hard one to take.  This one’s all on Bednar.  Best thing that can happen is he gets another chance tomorrow.

I know you don’t want to hear it but this is better than the losses that were coming in the first couple of months, when the team wasn’t nearly as competitive as it seems to be now.  Earlier in the season, I rarely gave the team a chance to win that day’s game.  I feel differently now.
I'm loving it. The Pirates have played the most games decided by 2 runs or less in the majors. We wanted to see them compete, and they are. It's been a wild ride so far, loving it because it's got a vibe similar to 2011, though I know we won't see first place in July before Collapse I happened. I love how they never quit, the young guys are making it happen.

I know someone will point to the run differential that's the result of a couple extraordinary blowouts, because that's all they do.

Day after day, night after night, the Pirates are in the game, and it makes it exciting to watch.

BTW, I still love Bednar, he can't win them all.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Lately, I have noticed that a few posters have been

down on Suwinski. Everyone is entitled to their own

opinions. That's what makes the OBN. Yes, he strikes out a lot.

However, he currently is tied with Reynolds with 12 which

leads the team. He is on pace to hit 25-30. He plays a good OF.

How about that catch today? Some have said he should be sent down. I don't believe so. Supposedly, he has the best coaches here. If he plays almost everyday, he can work with a Major League hitting coach. Remember, he hasn't been up here that long. I believe 10 weeks.

Don't know how old some of you are but in the early 60's the Pirates had a 1st Baseman named Dick Stuart. He was so bad defensively he was call ed Dr. StrangeGlove. Big HR hitter. Here are some of his stats Games played 1,112 HR 228 RBI 743

SO 957. Was a fan favorite. I usually don't ramble like this but

let's be a little patient. He is only a young rookie
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: Damn- should have stayed at the beach!
No sh*t!!!!!

It's YOUR fault Jinx!!!! :D :D :D :D
I have to blame Bobster. After all, he is there ;D ;D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Extraordinary blowout losses (I deem these losses by 9 or more)

4/7 9-0 Cards

4/23 21-0 Cubs (which btw, a certain poster still talks about, but not the 3 out of 4 the Pirates won in the series)

5/10 11-1 Dodgers (only game the Pirates lost to them this season)

5/16 9-0 Cubs

5/22 18-4 Cardinals

A minus 63 in 5 games. The other 66 games they are a minus 34. Doesn't take a genius to see this team competes. I didn't even include a 7-0 loss, a 9-1 loss, and a 10-4 loss.

They'll only get better. This team is making the playoffs (as I have been predicting) in 2023.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5E60656D7E66666D4D687F6C3B090 wrote: Damn- should have stayed at the beach!
No sh*t!!!!!

He didn't go to the beach and come back though, he was there the whole time.

So to summarize: I can't be cleaning my basement during the game (it used to be mowing the lawn was the jinx), you can't go to the beach and come back before the game is over. We need to keep tallying the jinx's, so when the time comes they're in the world series, we don't do any of that stuff.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0A2C2B3E373B2C3A32590 wrote: Damn- should have stayed at the beach!
No sh*t!!!!!

He didn't go to the beach and come back though, he was there the whole time.

So to summarize:  I can't be cleaning my basement during the game (it used to be mowing the lawn was the jinx), you can't go to the beach and come back before the game is over. We need to keep tallying the jinx's, so when the time comes they're in the world series, we don't do any of that stuff.
I just hope that I am still around and not going to the beach in a wheelchair :D Also, Bobster was there last night. Hope he skips tomorrow's game