Official Game Thread - 4/23 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7D575C6C5B4D4D412E0 wrote: I have to say I was totally wrong about Velasquez.  I didn't think he had any chance to be a decent starter at all.   
You're not the only guy who was wrong about Velasquez, Ecbucs. He's been awesome!
That's right. I was wrong about him as well. Saw quite a bit of him

when he was with Philly. Very mediocre at best
Javy

Post by Javy »

7F41444C5F47474C6C495E4D1A280 wrote: I have to say I was totally wrong about Velasquez.  I didn't think he had any chance to be a decent starter at all.   
You're not the only guy who was wrong about Velasquez, Ecbucs. He's been awesome!
That's right. I was wrong about him as well. Saw quite a bit of him

when he was with Philly. Very mediocre at best
Add me to this growing list as well.

I didn't have any faith in Santana either. I don't know if/how long this will last, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as possible!

just wish I could see them play, but you guys give a great game by game description!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0E29383C39241B2F383939245D0 wrote: The Pirates if anything are 7-8 games up right now on the Cardinals which is a lot of games and not a deficit that will be made up by the Cards overnight. I still think the Cards are a team in the division the Pirates have to worry about and the fact that you are up on them now by 7 games is important and something the Pirates need to take a strangle hold on. It gets a lot tougher the next 2 weeks as 9 of the next 12 games are against the Dodgers, Tampa, and Toronto. Even if you play .500 baseball in this stretch and go 6-6 that will still keep you 9 games over .500 at 22-13 after 35 games and keep you right near the top of the division. So just avoid the long losing streaks and play .500 ball in this stretch and you will still be in good shape come mid May.

The pitching will have to carry the team through this stretch coming up.  It’s the great equalizer when playing better teams.  If the whole staff can continue what they’ve been doing, the team stands a good chance to compete against the Dodgers, Rays, and Jays and win half of those games, give or take a game or two.

I know they haven’t had a day off in awhile but I wish they could keep playing while they’re on this roll.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

114751454A50404B465163444E424A4F0D40230 wrote: The Pirates if anything are 7-8 games up right now on the Cardinals which is a lot of games and not a deficit that will be made up by the Cards overnight. I still think the Cards are a team in the division the Pirates have to worry about and the fact that you are up on them now by 7 games is important and something the Pirates need to take a strangle hold on. It gets a lot tougher the next 2 weeks as 9 of the next 12 games are against the Dodgers, Tampa, and Toronto. Even if you play .500 baseball in this stretch and go 6-6 that will still keep you 9 games over .500 at 22-13 after 35 games and keep you right near the top of the division. So just avoid the long losing streaks and play .500 ball in this stretch and you will still be in good shape come mid May.

The pitching will have to carry the team through this stretch coming up.  It’s the great equalizer when playing better teams.  If the whole staff can continue what they’ve been doing, the team stands a good chance to compete against the Dodgers, Rays, and Jays and win half of those games, give or take a game or two.

I know they haven’t had a day off in awhile but I wish they could keep playing while they’re on this roll.

I think it's a good time actually. We're pretty lucky the pitching has held up so well with the dense schedule.