Bryan Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChillinStation

Bryan Reynolds

Post by ChillinStation »

The next Nate McClouth get something while you can.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Here's a good one, speaking of saying the right things. BC says "the door is always open."  What the heck does that mean?

Means little when no real movement since the other side's public trade request.

"The door's closed but it's unlocked," is more true.

I'd like it better if it was handled like Cole was.  What little was done was done behind closed doors.  If it was me, I'd tear off the Band Aid, one way or another.  If I was going to keep him, I'd come to terms.  If not, I'd deal him.  I don't want it dragging on.

So, if it drags, I hope that it's behind some door.

Reynolds is better than McLouth. Period.
Surgnbuck

Bryan Reynolds

Post by Surgnbuck »

7045525259605252595E52370 wrote: Here's a good one, speaking of saying the right things. BC says "the door is always open."  What the heck does that mean?

I'd like it better if it was handled like Cole was.  What little was done was done behind closed doors.  If it was me, I'd tear off the Band Aid, one way or another.  If I was going to keep him, I'd come to terms.  If not, I'd deal him.  I don't want it dragging on.

Reynolds is better than McLouth.  Period.
Just read about the arbitration hearing for Corbin Burnes and the Brewers. The Brewers not only won their bid, during the hearing their case presented that Burnes was the reason they missed the playoffs. Burnes quote from a story in Yahoo Sports:

"They're trying to do what they can to win the hearing, but I think there were other ways they could have gone about it and probably been a little more respectful with how they went about it. At the end of the day, here we are. They obviously won it.

"There's no denying that the relationship is definitely hurt from what transpired over the last couple weeks. There's really no way getting around that. Obviously, we're professionals, and we're going to go out there and do our job, keep doing what I can every fifth day that I go out there. But with some of the things that are said, for instance, basically putting me in the forefront of why we didn't make it to the postseason last year, that's something that probably doesn't need be said. We can go about a hearing without having to do that."

Ouch.
Javy

Bryan Reynolds

Post by Javy »

1D3B3C29202C3B2D254E0 wrote: Here's a good one, speaking of saying the right things. BC says "the door is always open."  What the heck does that mean?

Just read about the arbitration hearing for Corbin Burnes and the Brewers. The Brewers not only won their bid, during the hearing their case presented that Burnes was the reason they missed the playoffs. Burnes quote from a story in Yahoo Sports:

"They're trying to do what they can to win the hearing, but I think there were other ways they could have gone about it and probably been a little more respectful with how they went about it. At the end of the day, here we are. They obviously won it.

"There's no denying that the relationship is definitely hurt from what transpired over the last couple weeks. There's really no way getting around that. Obviously, we're professionals, and we're going to go out there and do our job, keep doing what I can every fifth day that I go out there. But with some of the things that are said, for instance, basically putting me in the forefront of why we didn't make it to the postseason last year, that's something that probably doesn't need be said. We can go about a hearing without having to do that."

Ouch.
Kinda sounds like Branch Rickey saying about Kiner, 'we finished last with him, we can finish last without him"

Back then the team held all the cards when it came to a players future. Nowadays, it's just greasing the rails for the player to exit stage left.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm glad I'm not an arbitrator.

On a separate note, a question:

I was under the impression that, islander the new CBA, teams no longer receive the comp draft pick after a player fulfills his contract. Do I have that correctly?

My understanding is that it was designed to make movement easier.
fjk090852-7

Bryan Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

507671646D61766068030 wrote: Here's a good one, speaking of saying the right things. BC says "the door is always open."  What the heck does that mean?

Ouch.
I am far from a Brewers fan, but Burnes was not the reason they missed the postseason. How about moving Hader at the deadline? That was more like it.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Clear case of people who have created their own problems.  Sometimes, all it takes is to sit back and let them.

Now, if we can watch the Cards, Cubs, and Reds piss their best players off, we just might do something.
WildwoodDave2

Bryan Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2A26277C757C74797E617B4C0 wrote: Here's a good one, speaking of saying the right things. BC says "the door is always open."  What the heck does that mean?

Ouch.
I am far from a Brewers fan, but Burnes was not the reason they missed the postseason. How about moving Hader at the deadline? That was more like it.
It appears the small market Brewers are playing Bob Ball!
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Unfortunately, BOB is undefeated. :(
SammyKhalifa

Bryan Reynolds

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm not sick of him and hope he stays, but who was better him or Jason Bay? He's good but not the superstar.