The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5F7873501D0 wrote: I'm kind of surprised he chose Japan instead of starting his seemingly inevitable front office career.

Probably wouldn't make $2 million in a front office. If he can still get a team interested, why not play the sport he loves.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: I'm kind of surprised he chose Japan instead of starting his seemingly inevitable front office career.

Probably wouldn't make $2 million in a front office.  If he can still get a team interested, why not play the sport he loves.

True. And it might not hurt for a future front office guy to have a good understanding of Japanese baseball and some of the good players there.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Hall of Fame vote through 166 votes (38% of the expected vote):

Bagwell 92% (72% in last year's vote)

Raines 91% (70%)

Rodriguez 84%

Guerrero 76%

Hoffman 73% (67%)

Bonds 69% (44%)

Martinez 69% (43%)

Clemens 69% (45%)

Mussina 61% (43%)

Schilling 53% (52%)

Ramirez 28%

Smith 28% (34%)

Walker 25% (16%)

McGriff 15% (21%)

Sheffield 13% (12%)

Kent 13% (17%)

Wagner 12% (11%)

Sosa 11% (7%)

Posada 4.8%

Voting ended on December 31, and selections will be announced on January 18.
SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: I'm kind of surprised he chose Japan instead of starting his seemingly inevitable front office career.

Probably wouldn't make $2 million in a front office.  If he can still get a team interested, why not play the sport he loves.

True. And it might not hurt for a future front office guy to have a good understanding of Japanese baseball and some of the good players there.

He just seems like he was born to be a GM some day doesn't he?
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Lunch Bucket Signs With Rangers
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

18393118333B5C0 wrote: Lunch Bucket Signs With Rangers

Lunch Box

Crazy he wasn't at least a September call up last year. This turned out to be a good trade for the Pirates. Snider hasn't done much and Brault can be in the rotation and Tarpley helped land Nova.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Vogelsong Signs Minor League Deal with Twins

Sorry to say he should hang up the cleats but now that he has decided to give it one more try I wish him good luck.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

About as obscure a "Departed" as you can get: if my poor Spanish has it right, Manuel Bernal is managing a small Mexican team, Academia del Chicote Ayala, in Los Mochis. It seems that Esteban Loaiza actually pitched for him last year.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

675448494A427449524E5552434F48260 wrote: About as obscure a "Departed" as you can get: if my poor Spanish has it right, Manuel Bernal is managing a small Mexican team, Academia del Chicote Ayala, in Los Mochis. It seems that Esteban Loaiza actually pitched for him last year.

Just checked Baseball Reference and the last he pitched in the Mexican League was 2013 for two teams. 6 games with 5 starts and he was absolutely horrible.

You actually had me excited there for a minute. Thought we had the Mexican equivalent of Satchel Page or the Niekro brothers. ;D
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Today is Jermaine Allensworth ' s birthday (also Warren Morris), and Bernal was acquired from the Royals for Allensworth and assigned to Mexico City. For a little while in the mid-nineties, it looked like the Red Devils rotation was all destined to end up in Pittsburgh.