Last Minute Trade Buzz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Ecbucs »

00233636372A14530 wrote: ESPN is really crapping all over Mark Melancon.

Yeah, he's not as flashy as Aroldis Chapman, but to suggest that Felipe Rivero isn't that far off from Melancon is a bit out of line. If Chapman is a step above Melancon, then Melancon is at least a step above Rivero.

Lots of Pirate fans on Bucs Dugout say the Rivero is about the same as Melancon.
UtahPirate

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by UtahPirate »

4B627E6B666963363E333F070 wrote: Reese McGuire also going to Toronto.

I thought you were joking!

Oh my... WTF!
Ecbucs

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Ecbucs »

my take is that the team would have been better off if NH had called in sick today.

The Toronto trade is a disaster as far as I'm concerned.
dmetz

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by dmetz »

Hahahahahaha. GM of the year! Trades Ramirez and McGuire and Frankie for 13 million dollars. Just comical.

Someone will be along shortly and explain how Hutchison is really, really REALLY good he just needs Searage and a changd of scenery.

Bobster21

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Bobster21 »

113521292C400 wrote: Reese McGuire also going to Toronto.

Oh brother!  :(

This makes no sense. There's gotta be more coming from Toronto. Trading prospects for talent makes sense. But giving away prospects as a bribe so that someone will take a pitcher off your hands and save you money is a disgrace. Maybe the league should look into this.
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Ridiculous they had to give up two top ten prospects just to save salary for next season and got one player back in return. Quite pathetic if you ask me. Bob Nutting is a disgrace of an owner he really is.
SammyKhalifa

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SammyKhalifa »

!!!!!

Does the new board have a swear filter on it? What the f'ing h?!?
LumberCo

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by LumberCo »

worst trade deadline I can remember, feel like I just got a left to the chops, then spiked when I was laying on the ground. god help us pirate fans :(
PMike

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by PMike »

Shocking.  Including Ramirez is bad.  Adding McGuire is absolutely shocking.  I don't know what NH could possibly say to make this sit ok with me.  Wow. 
Jerseykc

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Jerseykc »

Its really going to stink if Liriano & Happ or Pearce with the O's are getting showered in champagne after winning the WS title