Pitt Football

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

536671717A4371717A7D71140 wrote: If we went by that standard, then we would ask that question about everything on the board.  I assume that we have members who DO care even though we have nothing to gain.  That's a good thing, IMO.

The bottom line is- the guy left.  He had his reasons.  "Family" isn't one.
Of course, you know everything
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5C62676F7C64646F4F6A7D6E390B0 wrote: If we went by that standard, then we would ask that question about everything on the board.  I assume that we have members who DO care even though we have nothing to gain.  That's a good thing, IMO.

The bottom line is- the guy left.  He had his reasons.  "Family" isn't one.
Of course, you know everything
When I gave up coaching, I said it was to spend more time with my family. I didn't say the real reason which was Carol was sick because she didn't want it known. Wipple had a three year contract to fulfill. Maybe his wife doesn't like Pittsburgh. Who knows? Won't be the first coach to leave. Won't be the last.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

We can tell by his nomadic behavior how much "family" played into it. 

Tell you what.  Take the name "Mark Whipple" out of it.  Replace it with "Joe Schmo."

Take the two schools out of it.  Replace "Pitt" with "Anywhere Else" and "Nebraska" with "Somewhere Else."

Coach Schmo has no known- or stated- ties to eitther the state of Nebraska or Somewhere Else. 

It's a lateral move, not a promotion. 

He ran his contract out at "Anywhere."

Every reasonable person out there would conclude that A) either he AND/OR B) Anywhere no longer wanted to continue with his position there. 

The head coach at Anywhere didn't say anything other than the canned stuff that he had to.  There were no expressed personal sentiments to indicate a close bond between the two.  It came straight from the coaching handbook.  Plain vanilla:  Thanks for what you did for us.  Good-bye.  Good luck.

Anywhere's AD has said next to nothing.  Silence speaks.

Coiuld it be that Coach Schmo and the head coach at Anywhere didn't get along as well as we think?

I've never claimed to know everything.  I do know enough to not believe everything that I'm told.

Schmo had his reasons for seeking employment elsewhere.  "Family" isn't among them.

The guy doesn't hang around all that long.  Comes down to that.  Takes his family with him.

Doesn't matter. He's gone. Next.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

251007070C3507070C0B07620 wrote: We can tell by his nomadic behavior how much "family" played into it. 

Tell you what.  Take the name "Mark Whipple" out of it.  Replace it with "Joe Schmo."

Take the two schools out of it.  Replace "Pitt" with "Anywhere Else" and "Nebraska" with "Somewhere Else."

Coach Schmo has no known- or stated- ties to eitther the state of Nebraska or Somewhere Else. 

Every reasonable person out there would conclude that A) either he AND/OR B) Anywhere no longer wanted to continue with his position there. 

The head coach at Anywhere didn't say anything other than the canned stuff that he had to.  There were no expressed personal sentiments to indicate a close bond between the two.  It came straight from the coaching handbook.  Plain vanilla:  Thanks for what you did for us.  Good-bye.  Good luck.

Coiuld it be that Coach Schmo and the head coach at Anywhere didn't get along as well as we think?

I've never claimed to know everything.  I do know enough to not believe everything that I'm told.

Schmo had his reasons for seeking employment elsewhere.  "Family" isn't among them.

The guy doesn't hang around all that long.  Comes down to that.  Takes his family with him.

Doesn't matter.  He's gone.  Next.

If it doesn't matter, why this long dialogue? to quote Shakespeare

" much ado about nothing" You would be better off with just your last five words
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1A2421293A222229092C3B287F4D0 wrote: We can tell by his nomadic behavior how much "family" played into it. 

Doesn't matter.  He's gone.  Next.

If it doesn't matter, why this long dialogue? to quote Shakespeare

" much ado about nothing" You would be better off with just your last five words
Pitt's Jordan Addison wins the Biletnikoff Award as the nations top receiver. The last Panther to win it was Larry Fitzgerald
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Pickett's done.  Would've been nice if he played, but I don't blame him.  It's the way it is these days.  Best wishes for him going forward.  Into The Departed bin he goes. More best wishes for the team.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Offering a two year contract--[highlight][highlight]something Whipple could not get from Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi[/highlight][/highlight] at [highlight]double the 475,000 he was making[/highlight] for the Panthers, made it an easy  decision

So, no.  It wasn't about the money.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

427760606B5260606B6C60050 wrote: Offering a two year contract--[highlight][highlight]something Whipple could not get from Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi[/highlight][/highlight] at [highlight]double the 475,000 he was making[/highlight] for the Panthers, made it an easy  decision

So, no.  It wasn't about the money.
Michigan State top running back will skip Bowl game and declares for the draft
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Yeah. Sometimes, these things equal out in the end. Guys on both teams might bail, depending on which has more of the best draftee talent.

I think that it's safe to assume that every player who has a reasonable chance to be taken in the first round is going to pass on bowl games.

It's more likely to be surprising when they don't skip the game than when they do.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Some exciting news for us Pitt fans. Another QB arrives to enter the race to replace Kenny Pickett.

Kedon Slovis transfers from USC