Brandon Nimmo for Josh Harrison?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

193F3E293F2F5C0 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

Typical swing and miss by the Pirates.  Frazier would have been a good sign for them.  Same with Jay Bruce too.

Let's say for arguments sake we signed both of those guys, held Cutch and Cole:

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

$125 million.   And you can feel free to salary dump SRod to make up 7 mil of that if we must think of nutting's wallet

That's a competitor.   Look at the power/ speed mix in that lineup?   Solid, young rotation, pen with the best closer in the game....

Competitor. 125 million.  It's not crazy to try to win.   60 hrs and solid defense with Bruce and Frazier for about  18 million.    Now the Mets have them both

Frazier hit .213 with 125 strikeouts!!!  I know batting average isn't everything, but I just don't see it with him.  He is basically McCutchen in April and May with a bit more power.  And we all know how well McCutchen's performance is received in April and May.

Frazier is exactly the type of guy the Pirates go after, down year hope for rebound. He is good defensively and still had a 348 oba last year. Only Freese and Cutch were better with the 2017 Bucs.

I wonder what Frazier was asking for months ago? After getting Moran in a trade, there was no need for a third baseman.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

404B434F4A4B501513645D454C4B4B0A474B240 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

Typical swing and miss by the Pirates.  Frazier would have been a good sign for them.  Same with Jay Bruce too.

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

$125 million.   And you can feel free to salary dump SRod to make up 7 mil of that if we must think of nutting's wallet

That's a competitor.   Look at the power/ speed mix in that lineup?   Solid, young rotation, pen with the best closer in the game....

Competitor. 125 million.  It's not crazy to try to win.   60 hrs and solid defense with Bruce and Frazier for about  18 million.    Now the Mets have them both

Frazier hit .213 with 125 strikeouts!!!  I know batting average isn't everything, but I just don't see it with him.  He is basically McCutchen in April and May with a bit more power.  And we all know how well McCutchen's performance is received in April and May.

Frazier is exactly the type of guy the Pirates go after, down year hope for rebound. He is good defensively and still had a 348 oba last year. Only Freese and Cutch were better with the 2017 Bucs.

I wonder what Frazier was asking for months ago?  After getting Moran in a trade, there was no need for a third baseman.

yeah, just because Frazier signed low price deal with Mets doesn't mean he would have done the same for the Pirates. I wonder if the Pirates even contacted him. I think he is from New Jersey and lives in NYC metropolitan area so he may have preferred Yankees or Mets.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

524F6B6967020 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

The only reason he's even acquirable by us is because he's not a guy who hits for average.  He's what We always hoped Pedro Alverez would be before he starting throwing balls into the 1bline stands.   A power hitter, with plate discipline and solid defense. 

You can't have everything you want and pay nothing for it, PMike.  It's not the way the world works.    If Frazier was a .270 hitter he would be well out of any crazy low price point we have.

What do you think a .270 30 3bman with good defense would go for on the market?   Rhetorical question because the answer is "MORE THAN WE WOULD PAY!!" ;D

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

4348404C4948531610675E464F4848094448270 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

I wonder what Frazier was asking for months ago?  After getting Moran in a trade, there was no need for a third baseman.

yeah he would have never played for the Pirates anyway. Neither would Bruce
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Why? They just signed with the Mets. Were the Mets considered a playoff team before they signed? Are they now?

They added payroll after their two year playoff run and lost more games than the Pirates in 2017.
PMike

Post by PMike »

4A434B5A542E0 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

The only reason he's even acquirable by us is because he's not a guy who hits for average.  He's what We always hoped Pedro Alverez would be before he starting throwing balls into the 1bline stands.   A power hitter, with plate discipline and solid defense. 

You can't have everything you want and pay nothing for it, PMike.  It's not the way the world works.    If Frazier was a .270 hitter he would be well out of any crazy low price point we have.

What do you think a .270 30 3bman with good defense would go for on the market?   Rhetorical question because the answer is "MORE THAN WE WOULD PAY!!"   ;D

Nice try changing the conversation to money. Of course, I didn't actually say anything about money or paying him. I just think he sucks and I don't want to watch him hit .200 while striking out half of his at bats. I'd rather watch our Frazier or Luplow give it a shot than pay Todd Frazier $2 million or whatever he got from the Mets.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

091430323C590 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

What do you think a .270 30 3bman with good defense would go for on the market?   Rhetorical question because the answer is "MORE THAN WE WOULD PAY!!"   ;D

Nice try changing the conversation to money.  Of course, I didn't actually say anything about money or paying him.  I just think he sucks and I don't want to watch him hit .200 while striking out half of his at bats.  I'd rather watch our Frazier or Luplow give it a shot than pay Todd Frazier $2 million or whatever he got from the Mets.

Well, then you've found your team!   Nothing in the above has any factual merit to it at all.     Does that matter to you or have you just made up your mind based on a bunch of things that are not close to statistical truths, and that's all she wrote? 

Just let me know.   Cause if you want to talk about actual k rates and actual values and actual batting averages and actual production, and likelihood to repeat his 3.4 WAR last year, or maybe regress to his 2.5 2016 WAR? and the actual fact that luplow and our Frazier don't even play 3b...I'm game!

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

444F474B4E4F541117605941484F4F0E434F200 wrote: Why?  They just signed with the Mets.  Were the Mets considered a playoff team before they signed?  Are they now?

They added payroll after their two year playoff run and lost more games than the Pirates in 2017.

I wasn't being serious, sorry. I could see it taking a little more money for Frazier though, since he was already in NY
PMike

Post by PMike »

636A62737D070 wrote: pretty cheap deal for Frazier.  I wonder if Mets would not take him a on a one year deal.

1)JHay 2b

2) Marte LF

3) Cutch CF

4) Bell 1b

5) Bruce RF

6)Todd Frazier 3b

7) Cervelli/Diaz

8) Mercer

Polanco (4 of)

Nice try changing the conversation to money.  Of course, I didn't actually say anything about money or paying him.  I just think he sucks and I don't want to watch him hit .200 while striking out half of his at bats.  I'd rather watch our Frazier or Luplow give it a shot than pay Todd Frazier $2 million or whatever he got from the Mets.

Well, then you've found your team!   Nothing in the above has any factual merit to it at all.     Does that matter to you or have you just made up your mind based on a bunch of things that are not close to statistical truths, and that's all she wrote? 

Just let me know.   Cause if you want to talk about actual k rates and actual values and actual batting averages and actual production, and likelihood to repeat his 3.4 WAR last year, or maybe regress to his 2.5 2016 WAR?  and the actual fact that luplow and our Frazier don't even play 3b...I'm game!

I have no idea what your first paragraph means.

To your second paragraph. Sure, if you want to talk about those stats, I'm game. Go for it. Maybe I'll even change my mind. My opinion at this moment (are opinions that differ with yours ok?) is that I would rather watch Luplow/Moroff/A. Frazier/Moran play than lose at bats to Todd Frazier. This is likely a go nowhere season. Frazier and his staggering 3.4 WAR is an upgrade. With T. Frazier, they win 77 games instead of 73. My opinion is that I'd rather they see what they have with those other players. Go crush some stats and sway me.