Trade Rumors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Trade Rumors

Post by Bobster21 »

4D7F73736755767F7277787F1E0 wrote: “The fun part for us is just digging into concepts, digging into trying to go through the intellectual challenge of trying to figure out how to solve for things that will help the Pirates, trying to put ourselves in the shoes of other teams and thinking about what they’re trying to do.

“We don’t need to make trades to make trades, but we do need to stay actively engaged and on the phones and learn as much as we can.”

_____

WOW, this guy has more BS than Huntington to explain doing nothing to improve the team and still collecting a paycheck!!!
I mean what do you expect him to do with these trade "candidates" though?  Anyone worth anything has gotten hurt.  You don't get to 10-20 or whatever it is by having a bunch of guys that other teams really really want.
Yes, he's got little of value that would interest other teams. But his comment reminded me of a line in the 2004 movie The Alamo when Bowie (Jason Patric) says to Travis (Patrick Wilson), "Sometimes it's just the way you say things."

All BC had to say was a generic, "We're looking into possible deals." That's noncommittal. It could mean something. It could mean nothing. But all that wordage to say nothing is annoying and feels like he's trying to pull the wool over the fans' eyes.
mouse

Trade Rumors

Post by mouse »

Arizona reportedly traded Starling Marte to Miami for three players - I wonder how they did on that trade compared to how we did on the deal with Arizona.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Rumors

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Source confirms 3B Ke'Bryan Hayes will be promoted and can make his big league debut tomorrow against the Cubs at PNC Park."
2drfischer@gmail.c

Trade Rumors

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

042924353223347477460 wrote: Cherington crystallized the Pirates' approach to trades. While other teams see a need and make a trade to fill that need, the Pirates are smarter than that. Always believing they are the smartest ones in the room, here is BC's explanation of how the Pirates will proceed. Per the Trib:

“The fun part for us is just digging into concepts, digging into trying to go through the intellectual challenge of trying to figure out how to solve for things that will help the Pirates..."  

https://triblive.com/sports/gm-ben-cher ... pproaches/

Ah, yes. Lots of digging into concepts. Lots of going through intellectual challenges. Lots of figuring out how to solve for things. With so much brainiac mumbo jumbo going on, who has time for trades?

I was willing to give him through this trade deadline to begin the real process of improving the organization in general and the major league club in particular. But if what he has in mind is mental gymnastics, I'm more than a little pissed. I hope he does something beneficial in these next five minutes or he's lost me.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Rumors

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I guess I just don't understand how the exact phraseology he uses makes a difference on what people think of the job he's doing. It seems people are getting hung up on sound bites.
Speedloader88

Trade Rumors

Post by Speedloader88 »

I haven't visited this site in a couple of years. Maybe a few, I don't remember. I thought today was the trade deadline?
Bobster21

Trade Rumors

Post by Bobster21 »

14372222232B28262322357F7F470 wrote: I haven't visited this site in a couple of years.  Maybe a few, I don't remember.  I thought today was the trade deadline?
It is.

4 pm today.
Speedloader88

Trade Rumors

Post by Speedloader88 »

496A7F7F7E76757B7E7F6822221A0 wrote: I tear it all down.  First I fire Hurdle, then I trade Harrison and Cervelli and float Marte and see what I get.  I move Nova and then when the day is over....... fire Huntington and Coonely.

A copy of my last post in June of 2018 ;D
steve49

Trade Rumors

Post by steve49 »

3C6A7C68677D6D666B7C4E69636F6762206D0E0 wrote: Cherington crystallized the Pirates' approach to trades. While other teams see a need and make a trade to fill that need, the Pirates are smarter than that. Always believing they are the smartest ones in the room, here is BC's explanation of how the Pirates will proceed. Per the Trib:

“The fun part for us is just digging into concepts, digging into trying to go through the intellectual challenge of trying to figure out how to solve for things that will help the Pirates..."  

https://triblive.com/sports/gm-ben-cher ... pproaches/

Ah, yes. Lots of digging into concepts. Lots of going through intellectual challenges. Lots of figuring out how to solve for things. With so much brainiac mumbo jumbo going on, who has time for trades?

I was willing to give him through this trade deadline to begin the real process of improving the organization in general and the major league club in particular.  But if what he has in mind is mental gymnastics, I'm more than a little pissed.  I hope he does something beneficial in these next five minutes or he's lost me.

You don't get it that the Pirates have nothing anyone else wanted ? Kuhl probably garnered some interest . Other than that , they would have to sell embarrassing low on any other trade they made. It would just further exhibit what a bad organization this is. Keep holding your breath as maybe a blockbuster will turn up.
Speedloader88

Trade Rumors

Post by Speedloader88 »

I'm guessing 4pm eastern time? If so, then the deadline has passed. That would mean that we still have our well oiled machine in tact! Come to think of it, Red Sanford and Lamont Sanford didn't make too many exchanges either....... ;D (can I get just one ole guy to appreciate this joke)