The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

596B67677341626B66636C6B0A0 wrote: McClatchy Newspapers declare bankruptcy

I still don't understand how Nutting was able to afford the Pirates. When McClatchy bought the team in the nineties, newspapers were still a healthy business. Now, unless you are the Washington Post, New York Times or Wall Street Journal, they are in severe trouble.
johnfluharty

The Departed

Post by johnfluharty »

A lot of the money came from his dad Ogden.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The White Sox have signed Gorkys Hernandez to a minor league contract.
SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Historical context about new Astros reliever Jared Hughes: He's believed to be the guy who went into Charlie Morton’s Wikipedia page years ago and added that Morton’s pursuit of baseball took him from the family business, Morton’s Steakhouse. Or as Charlie said, "It says what?”"
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Lonnie Chisenhall Retires
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

4F6E664F646C0B0 wrote: Lonnie Chisenhall Retires
In addition to the Archer trade debacle, diving into the wrong dumpster to give Chisenhall 2.75 million of Nutting's money had to have greased the skids for Huntington's departure. Cherington must know he needs to find better dumpsters to improve the talent on the roster with the pocket change Nutting gives him.
johnfluharty

The Departed

Post by johnfluharty »

It's like on those 'spring cleaning' days when you can set nearly anything out for the garbage. If you go to the correct neighborhoods, you can find some nice stuff. My dad used to do that lol. He got a nice recliner that way.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

282D2A2C242E372A2330363B420 wrote: It's like on those 'spring cleaning' days when you can set nearly anything out for the garbage.  If you go to the correct neighborhoods, you can find some nice stuff.  My dad used to do that lol.  He got a nice recliner that way.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

17363E173C34530 wrote: Lonnie Chisenhall Retires

I always thought what Raul Mondesi did was the worst thing I ever saw, until the Chisenhall fiasco. At least Mondesi showed up for 20-some games before he went home.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Daniel Bard in camp with the Rockies.