Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

5F444948414D422C0 wrote: whoops!!! It was the Rangers who acquired Nate Lowe from the Rays for a 1 and the Rays just got a bunch of prospects/suspects.  What say you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

he current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)...............  8

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5)..................................7

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3)..................................................5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2),Wisler(2)......................................5

White Sox - Lynn(4),Eaton(2.5)................................................6.5

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5),Lowe(1)............3.5

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Mariners - Graveman(1),Flexen(2)..............................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Reds - Hoffman-(.5),Ramirez(1.5)..............................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Padres - O'Grady(.5)...............................................................0.5

________

And so  there are still 6 other teams in all of baseball who have done nothing to improve their major league roster.

1 for Lowe.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

257365717E64747F726557707A767E7B3974170 wrote: The Tampa Bay Rays gete Nate Lowe from the Rangers for a 1.  What say you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

he current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)...............  8

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3)..................................................5

White Sox - Lynn(4),Eaton(2.5)................................................6.5

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5).........................2.5

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rays 0 Lowe(1)........................................................................1

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Padres - O'Grady(.5)...............................................................0.5

________

And now there are only 5 teams in all of baseball who have done nothing to improve their major league roster.

Wait, what?  Let me quote the quote..."Now there are only 5 teams in all of baseball who have done nothing to improve their major league roster"

This is why I love you and GW, you're just too easy. Just upstream, it was simply "grading the moves". 

Please, once again for the entire audience, explain how the Rangers continue to "improve their major league roster" when they have now lost TWO major leaguers you have scored for a total of 5 points, and replaced them with a total of 2.5 points worth of major leaguers. How did they actually upgrade their major league roster?

For extra credit, how did the Brewers improve their major league roster by losing a guy who you scored higher than a guy they picked up?

The math in this thread has always confused me because I find math to be hard.  It's been proven that three out of every two people don't understand it.

I had to look at this twice doc, good one
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

Hey doc, I have math problems too. I can only count to 20 using my fingers and toes and trying to multiply or divide is a horror when I think of adding or removing a finger or toe. ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7A5B537A51593E0 wrote: Hey doc, I have math problems too.  I can only count to 20 using my fingers and toes and trying to multiply or divide is a horror when I think of adding or removing a finger or toe.   ;D

Have you considered using your wife's fingers and toes?
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

0E584E5A554F5F54594E7C5B515D5550125F3C0 wrote: The Tampa Bay Rays gete Nate Lowe from the Rangers for a 1.  What say you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

________

And now there are only 5 teams in all of baseball who have done nothing to improve their major league roster.

Wait, what?  Let me quote the quote..."Now there are only 5 teams in all of baseball who have done nothing to improve their major league roster"

This is why I love you and GW, you're just too easy. Just upstream, it was simply "grading the moves". 

Please, once again for the entire audience, explain how the Rangers continue to "improve their major league roster" when they have now lost TWO major leaguers you have scored for a total of 5 points, and replaced them with a total of 2.5 points worth of major leaguers. How did they actually upgrade their major league roster?

For extra credit, how did the Brewers improve their major league roster by losing a guy who you scored higher than a guy they picked up?

The math in this thread has always confused me because I find math to be hard.  It's been proven that three out of every two people don't understand it.

Half the time, it works every time.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

I think i am getting the premise of this thread now, but didnt the Pirates improve their team with moves? They got rid of their two worst starting pitchers, their worst reliever and worst position player.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

792F392D223828232E390B2C262A222765284B0 wrote: Hey doc, I have math problems too.  I can only count to 20 using my fingers and toes and trying to multiply or divide is a horror when I think of adding or removing a finger or toe.   ;D

What do you think I am? Kinky or something? Thanks for that suggestion though, I not too old to try kinky math! ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

12333B123931560 wrote: Hey doc, I have math problems too.  I can only count to 20 using my fingers and toes and trying to multiply or divide is a horror when I think of adding or removing a finger or toe.   ;D

What do you think I am?  Kinky or something?  Thanks for that suggestion though, I not too old to try kinky math!   ;D ;D ;D

Everybody has a little kink to them. Except my mother. She was a saint.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

065046525D47575C5146745359555D581A57340 wrote: Hey doc, I have math problems too.  I can only count to 20 using my fingers and toes and trying to multiply or divide is a horror when I think of adding or removing a finger or toe.   ;D

What do you think I am?  Kinky or something?  Thanks for that suggestion though, I not too old to try kinky math!   ;D ;D ;D

Everybody has a little kink to them.  Except my mother. She was a saint. 

How nice it is for you to speak like that about your mother. My mom was a saint as well but she had a great big humorous and prankster strip right down her back. And when it came to pulling pranks I was usually the target. Maybe that's why I have learned to laugh at myself and be somewhat of a prankster myself.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

The Philadelphia Phillies get Dave Dombroski from Nashville Organization for a 2. What say, you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

The current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)............... 8

Phillies - Neris(3)..Dombroski (2).................................5

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5).........................2.5

Dodgers Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rays 0 Lowe(1)........................................................................1