2024 Official Minors Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: 2024 Official Minors Thread

Post by Doc »

Thanks for that, 3P. Good to see Chandler doing so well. That straight overhand pitch is tough to control but he had minimal walks in those starts.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Altoona is getting no hit into the sixth inning, but McAdoo has 3 walks. He is playing right field tonight instead of infield. If he continues to hit as he has, I would leave him in the outfield because that is where the Pirates are very weak,except for Reynolds.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

If McAddo keeps hitting just bring him up and see what he can doooo, :P

Haven't been a fan of Bae but he should be up soon also. Gorski bats low in lineup for Indy that seems odd, could be just another Suwinski type. :?

Been going through Pirates prospects stats from the 90`s. Rich Aude 1b was a guy I followed back in the day. He never got a fair chance and all he did was hit. Players did not strikeout like they do today that`s for sure. 100 games played 60K a season,stats like that are unheard of now.

Midre Cummings remember him ! My parents had one of those huge satellite dishes and I could get some crazy stations and was able to watch Buffalo Bison games every now and then.

It`s sad how the 3 outcomes player has taken over.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:18 am If McAddo keeps hitting just bring him up and see what he can doooo, :P

Haven't been a fan of Bae but he should be up soon also. Gorski bats low in lineup for Indy that seems odd, could be just another Suwinski type. :?

Been going through Pirates prospects stats from the 90`s. Rich Aude 1b was a guy I followed back in the day. He never got a fair chance and all he did was hit. Players did not strikeout like they do today that`s for sure. 100 games played 60K a season,stats like that are unheard of now.

Midre Cummings remember him ! My parents had one of those huge satellite dishes and I could get some crazy stations and was able to watch Buffalo Bison games every now and then.

Wow a couple players from the past. I forgot about them. Regarding McAdoo I hope he handles AA very well, so he can graduate to Indy at the beginning of next season. I would be surprised if they would bring him up before he gets some playing time at AAA. Besides Skenes he has been the best player from last years draft.He is moving through the System very quickly.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:26 am
PooperScooper ! wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:18 am If McAddo keeps hitting just bring him up and see what he can doooo, :P

Wow a couple players from the past. I forgot about them. Regarding McAdoo I hope he handles AA very well, so he can graduate to Indy at the beginning of next season. I would be surprised if they would bring him up before he gets some playing time at AAA. Besides Skenes he has been the best player from last years draft. He is moving through the System very quickly.
Cummings played in MLB in 11 different seasons in 7 different organizations but only 3 of which did not involve time in the minors. He had very little power and wasn't enough of a hitting threat to compensate for that to be an OF regular. Aude seemed to be a AAAA player. He spent tine in the Blue Jays, Expos and White Sox organizations too, but couldn't make it to their MLB rosters.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Palacios is 3 for 3 today and is hitting well over .300. He is also playing centerfield. I think it is time to bring him up from Indy, and put him in center for the Pirates.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Jake Lamb is back ?
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Josh Palacios hitting .407 over the past week. What is BC waiting for. Bring him up and rid ourselves of Suwinski and Taylor
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:28 pm Josh Palacios hitting .407 over the past week. What is BC waiting for. Bring him up and rid ourselves of Suwinski and Taylor
Indy is playing tonight and Palacios is not in the lineup. I kind of wonder if he will be in Pittsburgh tomorrow. As you noted he has been very hot, and it is surprising he is not starting tonight. If he comes up I bet Suwinski goes down. They won’t cut Taylor, and eat the remainder of his contract.