Skenes!
WildwoodDave2

MLB Draft

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Well guys, we can't complain!
ChillinStation

MLB Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

Yes !!!! I been saying Skenes all along ::)
WildwoodDave2

MLB Draft

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

765D5C59595C5B664154415C5A5B350 wrote: My final Guess !!!

Pirates #1 Pick

Walker Jenkins  OF/?

Obviously you are glad you were wrong
WildwoodDave2

MLB Draft

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Now the question is, where will he start out? When will we

see him in Pittsburgh?
2drfischer@gmail.c

MLB Draft

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

While I was hoping for Crews, I’m happy that BC took what appears to be a dominant pitcher. I hope he crushes the minor leagues and he’s in Pittsburgh before this time next year. And that he strikes out Crews each time they meet.
Javy

MLB Draft

Post by Javy »

Wasn't my preference, but he's a Pirate now, and I say sign him quick and send him to High A to get his feet wet.

Maybe down the road he becomes the Pirates version of Shohei Ohtani?
fjk090852-7

MLB Draft

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The choice of Skenes along with Keller gives the Pirates a nice 1 -2 punch. Priester, Jones, Solometo, Brubaker and several others can fill out a nice starting rotation. Overall I am pleased with the Pirates choice today.
2drfischer@gmail.c

MLB Draft

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

2F2322797079717C7B647E490 wrote: The choice of Skenes along with Keller gives the Pirates a nice 1 -2 punch. Priester, Jones, Solometo, Brubaker and several others can fill out a nice starting rotation. Overall I am pleased with the Pirates choice today.

With two great pitchers, a team can win throughout the playoffs and then the World Series. Both together can pitch five of the games in a seven game series. Think Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling. Play above average defense and scratch out four runs per game and a team can be champions.