7/20 Game Thread Locke versus Brewers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

725F52434455420201300 wrote:

You don't know that they are not trying to trade those three. And those are three very questionable assets at this point in time. Do you give them away for near nothing, or will you end up DFAing Locke or Niese if there is not enough value to be gained?
Their trade value is very limited. So, yes, I would give them away for near nothing since that is all they are worth. If the Pirates are holding out for a significant return, no deal will ever be made for these guys. But there's always a market for a LH starter. I would take just about any A or AA player that was offered. The Bucs aren't shopping for replacements for them. They just need to get rid of them.   

Exactly so you either trade Locke for whatever anybody will give you for him, and if you cant trade him you DFA him in the next 10 days or so. It's real simple it's not that hard to figure out and shouldn't be for the Pirates either. It's time for Locke to go.

As I pointed out you now have 3 or 4 guys in the Minor League's that are younger and better options moving forward then Locke. You don't need him anymore. If nobody will take him in a trade DFA him it's as simple as that. The Pirates cant keep both Locke and Niese on this roster moving forward if Glasnow is going to be up here for the remainder of the season and in the rotation. Same can be said for Chad Kuhl as well if he is the other option for you. Locke or Neise need to be and better be gone within the next 7-10 days.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

62505C5C487A59505D585750310 wrote: Yeah we need Liriano to come back to where he was or IMO I would not bother trading any assets to try to improve this years' team, there isn't a point.
Ha! He must have heard me and gotten afraid . . .