Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yuck
Bobster21

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Bobster21 »

737A72636D170 wrote: Adam Berry now reporting that Hutchison is the only player coming back in the deal.

Giving up Liriano and Ramirez to dump $13 million next year and get some SP depth.

That deal is an embarrassment.   A laugher.
It just shows how badly they wanted to move Liriano.
ChitownBucco

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by ChitownBucco »

68616978760C0 wrote: But someone will be along shortly to explain how it Hutchinson is good and just needs Searage

I'm you're huckleberry

kid has good stuff 184 K's in 184 Innings in 2013, only 25.

he has just as much chance of being productive as Liriano, who has had more 5+ ERA years than sub 4 ERA years..

really only thing i'll miss about Liriano is his bat

but I do appreciate what his resurgance did for the Bucs
CarolinaBucco

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Here's my problem ... I don't mind moving a pretty nice prospect like Ramirez if you are using that chip to ACQUIRE talent.

I have a problem with using a good prospect as a throw-in to dump salary.

That's not really the point of stockpiling prospects.
Jerseykc

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Jerseykc »

Nova has one thing down, jerking his head around to watch those HR balls clear the fence quite easily.
Bobster21

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Bobster21 »

1B392A37343136391A2D3B3B37580 wrote: Here's my problem ... I don't mind moving a pretty nice prospect like Ramirez if you are using that chip to ACQUIRE talent.

I guess that shows the mindset of the FO. Looks like they would rather give up a prospect than pay Lirano 13 mil next year. Nothing surprises me about them when it comes to saving money.
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

That's all Huntington seems to want to do is stockpile prospects and then he is afraid to trade any of them and sits on his hands scared waiting for something to happen. Like Dmetz said who cares about winning when you have prospects. Be satisfied winning a pennant once every generation.
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: Here's my problem ... I don't mind moving a pretty nice prospect like Ramirez if you are using that chip to ACQUIRE talent.

I guess that shows the mindset of the FO. Looks like they would rather give up a prospect than pay Lirano 13 mil next year. Nothing surprises me about them when it comes to saving money.

Making money and saving money when push comes to shove at the end of the day is more important to Bob Nutting then getting this team over the hump and trying to win a World Series. How can you not say that after a lot of these moves today.
Leyland1948

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Leyland1948 »

Reese McGuire also going to Toronto.
Quail

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Quail »

654C504548474D18101D11290 wrote: Reese McGuire also going to Toronto.

Oh brother! :(