Tommy Kahnle

David Robertson

Tyler Clippard

Ryan Madson

Sean Doolittle

Jason Grilli

Chris Hatcher

Ryan Garton

That's just July through present.   Jason ****ing Grilli returned something in a trade.  Some of these are just cash considerations or a PTBNL, most are real trades. 

Lets seriously talk about the market for right handed "middle relievers"..lol  come on.  Nicasio is an 8th inning setup man anyway, not a "middle reliever".  But there's PLENTY of market.  This was a great year for relievers.     Last year was much worse.  and speaking of last year: 

You guys remember Arkie Caminero last year right?  A right handed pen pitcher who was claimed in august?    He sucked and returned 2 warm bodies as a right handed pen pitcher.

I'm fascinated by the "no value" schitck.  It's pretty darned entertaining actually. 
fjk090852-7

Nicassio and LeBlanc placed on Irrevoccable Waivers

Post by fjk090852-7 »

If these two guys are not claimed, am I not correct that the Bucs are still on the hook for their salaries. So in other words no salary dump.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2A26277C757C74797E617B4C0 wrote: If these two guys are not claimed, am I not correct that the Bucs are still on the hook for their salaries. So in other words no salary dump.
Right. Not much chance Nicasio will go unclaimed though.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: If these two guys are not claimed, am I not correct that the Bucs are still on the hook for their salaries. So in other words no salary dump.
Right. Not much chance Nicasio will go unclaimed though.

I am very surprised Nicasio has not yet been claimed. Tomorrow is the last day for teams to set playoff rosters. So we shall see if he gets claimed.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I would like Nicasio to be claimed and to have a couple of great appearances in the World Series.

Or I would like him not to be claimed and the Pirates end up paying all of his salary this season.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

The Cardinals’ trade of right-hander Mike Leake didn’t go over well with his now-former teammates, writes Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I said, ’Is this a joke?’ … It was shocking to all of us,” outfielder Tommy Pham tells Hummel, describing the moment he learned of the news. Right-hander Lance Lynn’s comments suggested a bit of frustration as well: “If you look at everything that’s happened so far, there’s been no acquisitions (by the Cardinals).”

[ftp]https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/08/ ... eaver.html[/ftp]
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

64747542545458370 wrote: I think this is a salary dump for the Cards to possibly allow them to go after Stanton in the offseason.

I truly don't think that STL has the assets to get Stanton.  Trading its third best starter might create space $$$ wise, but it doesn't do anything to help add assets to deal to Florida/Miami or whatever they are called now.

There is talk that the Cardinals maybe interested in Stanton. But even if that goes no where, does anyone doubt the Cardinals will actually use their new Financial flexibility tobmake the team better?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Some folks are doubting the Pirates move was $$ related; too insignificant.  This should translate into an extra $660,000 in Nuttings wallet.  Not bad pocket change.  He doesn't have to dump all eligible players. Just enough to generate cash he's wanting.

Wait till the team is "officially" out contention and make a minor deal that Surely no one will care about, to pocket a cool $660K?  Yeah, I can believe it. 

And to suggest the Pirates did it to ge nice guys to Juan.... no, just no.   
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Nicasio to the Phils, per MLBTR. First team that could have claimed him.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

63504C4D4E46704D564A5156474B4C220 wrote: Nicasio to the Phils, per MLBTR. First team that could have claimed him.

There is at least a 50-50 chance that the Phils flip him to someone today.