Colin Moran

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Colin Moran

Post by Ecbucs »

626B63727C060 wrote: 96 wRC+, .314 wOBA , .128 ISO,  -0.1 WAR

There are 9 qualifying 3bman in the national league.    the #8 is 110 wRC+ and .337wOBA. 

As of today about 2/3rds of the way through the season...we have the worst hitting qualifying 3bman in the NL by a large margin.   Defense being left out of it.

I can't see him ranking higher if he was playing first. At this stage need to hope he can improve.
maher.timothy20@gm

Colin Moran

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

123435223424570 wrote: 96 wRC+, .314 wOBA , .128 ISO,  -0.1 WAR

There are 9 qualifying 3bman in the national league.    the #8 is 110 wRC+ and .337wOBA. 

As of today about 2/3rds of the way through the season...we have the worst hitting qualifying 3bman in the NL by a large margin.   Defense being left out of it.

I can't see him ranking higher if he was playing first.  At this stage need to hope he can improve.

The more likely hope is that Kang gets healthy and rediscovers his swing.
Ecbucs

Colin Moran

Post by Ecbucs »

2F232A27306C362B2F2D362A3B707202252F420 wrote: 96 wRC+, .314 wOBA , .128 ISO,  -0.1 WAR

I can't see him ranking higher if he was playing first.  At this stage need to hope he can improve.

yeh, when (if) Kang gets back Moran becomes a back up.
notes34

Colin Moran

Post by notes34 »

123435223424570 wrote: 96 wRC+, .314 wOBA , .128 ISO,  -0.1 WAR

yeh, when (if) Kang gets back Moran becomes a back up.

If Kang is healthy he could step in tomorrow and provide more value than Moran. I actually like Moran's approach but he just has so many holes in his game that I don't think he will ever be an MLB regular.
dmetz

Colin Moran

Post by dmetz »

I like our plan to just keep running him out there and batting him cleanup. It's makes sense.   Eventually, he will have another XBH or maybe even 2, and it will drive in some runs.

Until then, stay the course! A double can't be more than a week away.
SteadyFreddy

Colin Moran

Post by SteadyFreddy »

So what is the story with KeBryan Hayes?? He is 21 years old I believe and I think was in the futures game as well. He is currently in AA Altoona but I’m just wondering do the Pirates have plans I’d say within the next 1-2 years of having him take Moran’s spot at 3rd base or what’s the deal with him. If he isn’t then is he a guy that can be used as a trading chip to get a starting pitcher. I just feel players such as Hayes and Will Craig are two guys that Neal can probably definitely use as trading chips if the right deal comes along but I still don’t know if he will actually do it.
dmetz

Colin Moran

Post by dmetz »

I think for sure he's gotta be earmarked as the future considering his age and success at AA and reported defensive ability.

I'm thinking Kang takes over as soon as capable, plays 3b next year and Hayes after him

SammyKhalifa

Colin Moran

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, everything I've read has been glowing.
Bobster21

Colin Moran

Post by Bobster21 »

68616978760C0 wrote: I like our plan to just keep running him out there and batting him cleanup. It's makes sense.   Eventually, he will have another XBH or maybe even 2, and it will drive in some runs.

Until then, stay the course!  A double can't be more than a week away.

It meshes nicely with the plan to keep running S-Rod out there almost everyday. And don't forget that they batted Bell 4th for 2 months when he could barely scrape out a single. Ditto for Polanco in the #2 spot when he was an automatic out. Do these guys know how to run a team or what? :-?
CarolinaBucco

Colin Moran

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I just don't know what to believe any more regarding these minor league reports on our prospects.

* Polanco was going to be an elite defender. That turned out to be laughable.

* Glasnow was going to be a shutdown No. 1 starter.

So when I read that Hayes is a great defender, for example, I don't really buy it. He'll have to get here and prove it.