Come On Pirates Do Something

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5568767B747E75577F68797F7E1A0 wrote: Nova went from 6 innings per start in 2017 to 5.5 innings per start. He was the oldest, most expensive, and worst pitcher in the rotation. I can't understand why people think dumping him was sort of travesty. I would bet a healthy sum that whoever makes the majority of the starts behind the top four, outperforms Nova in 2019.

As for the Reds, Kemp and Puig are average corner OF's. The Reds are a good offensive team. But it's insane to think think they have surpassed the Pirates with this move.
Kemp and Puig would probably both start in Pittsburgh? ;) The Reds lineup is much better than ours. 5 of their starting position players are projected to hit 20+ HR's. Of course their rotation is crap but these rosters are way closer in talent than you are giving credit for.

Kemp and Puig were both sub 2.0 WAR players. That would have put them on the bench on the 2018 Pirates. Puig would start in RF over Chisenhall, but were Polanco healthy, I'd have a hard time mustering the energy to care about the marginal difference between Puig and Polanco. But Kemp is a part time player wherever he goes due to age and fragility.

GRAVEDIG!

Matt Kemp was released by the Reds back over the weekend.  Puig has a studly .621 OPS.

Wood should be good but hasn't pitched since February and recently had a setback.

I'm not surprised that Kemp had no interest in trying hard for the Reds this year. I'm surprised how bad Puig has been. The Reds stink, but it really doesn't matter because the Cards and Cubs are really good.

Yeah, with our OF injuries how they are I'd consider making a move for him, except that our own off-season vet signing has kind of worked out so far.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Lonnie Chisenhall hasn't touched the field and even when he does, what's the over under on number of games before he's back on the IL?   20?   Polanco and Marte both like the IL every year.

Anywhere we can find power, we should try to get it.   Kang's struggling is a huge, unexpected disappointment to me.   I still hold out hope he will wake up, but must admit that it's possible he won't.    The season is over right now if we don't get power.    We don't have the bats to compete over the long haul.   We've held it together so far through a combination of luck and pitching. our RS/RA is terrible. 

Find power and find it fast.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2A232B3A344E0 wrote: Lonnie Chisenhall hasn't touched the field and even when he does, what's the over under on number of games before he's back on the IL?   20?   Polanco and Marte both like the IL every year.

Anywhere we can find power, we should try to get it.   Kang's struggling is a huge, unexpected disappointment to me.   I still hold out hope he will wake up, but must admit that it's possible he won't.    The season is over right now if we don't get power.    We don't have the bats to compete over the long haul.   We've held it together so far through a combination of luck and pitching.  our RS/RA is terrible. 

Spinach.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

12202C2C380A29202D282720410 wrote: Lonnie Chisenhall hasn't touched the field and even when he does, what's the over under on number of games before he's back on the IL?   20?   Polanco and Marte both like the IL every year.

Anywhere we can find power, we should try to get it.   Kang's struggling is a huge, unexpected disappointment to me.   I still hold out hope he will wake up, but must admit that it's possible he won't.    The season is over right now if we don't get power.    We don't have the bats to compete over the long haul.   We've held it together so far through a combination of luck and pitching.  our RS/RA is terrible. 

Spinach.

You need to be on the team, either as gm, manager or trainer.