The Playoffs Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

The Playoffs Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Glasnow looked a lot like his Pirates days tonight with several walks and 3 stolen bases from the Dodgers. I remember a couple starts he made for Pittsburgh, and the opposing team was stealing bases on him continuously. If he walks a players or two all of a sudden he is on second base in scoring position.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

I had to leave for work couldn't see all the game but my reaction was "The Pirates version of Glasnow showed up. Ton of walks a ton of strikeots a ton of stolen bases a ton of runs on a short outing"
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Free taco courtesy Mookie Betts! See taco bell website how to claim
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Playoffs Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I just figured out why the World Series doesn't hold the same interest for me as it did before: Interleague play. Last night's game looked to me like a regular season game held on a Wednesday night in June. Maybe it was the small crowd, but I felt there was nothing special about it. It's how I've felt since Interleague play began back in '97, I just didn't realize it until last night.
GreenWeenie

The Playoffs Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

How much stepladder winning do teams need to make from April through September to get the opportunity to play each other? 

How often do teams play each other for seven games uninterupted by playing other teams between?

It's the two best going at each other for all the marbles, not even close to regular season games.

In regular season games, guys sometimes take games off to rest.  They probably play with more sense of urgency during the World Series. 

So, if one looks at it as "nothing special" for the Dodgers to be playing the Rays, I get that.

I prefer to look at it as the two best teams going at each other for the championship.  The Kansas City Chiefs can play the San Francisco 49ers during a regular season.  Doesn't matter come Super Bowl time.  It adds to the storyline, and the game IS special when they hand that shiny trophy to the winner.

Either way is correct, but I prefer my outlook.  To each his or her own.

When the Pittsburgh Pirates are in it, I question the percentage of people who will look at it as nothing special.

WildwoodDave

The Playoffs Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

012720353C30273139520 wrote: Free taco courtesy Mookie Betts! See taco bell website how to claim
Free Taco-Shedman will be first in line
WildwoodDave

The Playoffs Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

043126262D1426262D2A26430 wrote: How much stepladder winning do teams need to make from April through September to get the opportunity to play each other? 

How often do teams play each other for seven games uninterupted by playing other teams between?

It's the two best going at each other for all the marbles, not even close to regular season games.

In regular season games, guys sometimes take games off to rest.  They probably play with more sense of urgency during the World Series. 

So, if one looks at it as "nothing special" for the Dodgers to be playing the Rays, I get that.

I prefer to look at it as the two best teams going at each other for the championship.  The Kansas City Chiefs can play the San Francisco 49ers during a regular season.  Doesn't matter come Super Bowl time.  It adds to the storyline, and the game IS special when they hand that shiny trophy to the winner.

Either way is correct, but I prefer my outlook.  To each his or her own.

When the Pittsburgh Pirates are in it, I question the percentage of people who will look at it as nothing special.

IF the Pirates are ever in it, you and I will not be around
GreenWeenie

The Playoffs Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Maybe not, but I won't moan about Interleague Play from the great beyond. I will still find a way to be excited about it. :)
GreenWeenie

The Playoffs Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Maybe Shed will add this to his "Reason" list:

We don't need to improve the team because even if we make the World Series, it's nothing special.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Game one of the World Series was the lowest rated in the history of the WS since the Nielsen ratings were started.

Fret not, the record lasted one night, as Game two had even fewer viewers.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/21/tv-r ... ZMYOg9IffQ

It comes as no surprise to me....one only needs to read over this thread (granted this is a Pirates message board and not an MLB message board). I think if you look at comments from various threads, you'll find that there isn't one reason in particular, rather quite a few. Each person tuning out only needs one reason, not multitudes.]