Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

04232A2A23303323043325460 wrote: I view Polanco as a 20 HR/,246 career BA guy.  I would much rather have a 40HR/.310 BA, but there aren't too many of those kind of guys around.  Thus, I would rather have Polanco then putting another LMG out there and "see what he has", while we punt another season away.

That is what he is, and there is nothing wrong with that.  There are many very good players with those stats

No, there's nothing wrong with that if the player wasn't hyped as one who was projected to do much better.  And there are no "very good" players with those stats.  Those are below average stats for "very good" players.

Who is hyping him?

Nobody now. But when he came up the Pirates hyped him as a third of a dream OF. They hyped him as a great hitter and great fielder. He turned out to be neither.
GreenWeenie

Adam Frazier

Post by GreenWeenie »

The "dream outfield" was Andrew McCutchen, the guy who played to his left, and the guy who played to his right. Would have been anyone.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4A6D64646D7E7D6D4A7D6B080 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/gregory-pol ... fferently/

Polanco was missing meatballs down the middle.  He had very obvious swing issues and did not look comfortable. Trading or releasing him because he costs too much would be unwise. [highlight]He is exactly the player the Pirates should be trading FOR, not trading away.[/highlight]

So you want the Pirates to continue winning less than a third of their games?

They are going to lose most of their games next year no matter who the RF is.

Exactly. So why continue down that path of losing with a guy who won't reach the potential projected and won't be here after this next season? Better to find someone else as soon as possible who can become better than Polanco and will be here for 4-5 years.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

7750595950434050774056350 wrote: I view Polanco as a 20 HR/,246 career BA guy.  I would much rather have a 40HR/.310 BA, but there aren't too many of those kind of guys around.  Thus, I would rather have Polanco then putting another LMG out there and "see what he has", while we punt another season away.

That is what he is, and there is nothing wrong with that.  There are many very good players with those stats

No, there's nothing wrong with that if the player wasn't hyped as one who was projected to do much better.  And there are no "very good" players with those stats.  Those are below average stats for "very good" players.

Who is hyping him?

Not who "is" hyping him, who "was" hyping him.  That would be the previous GM.  He was overrated by the previous management.
GreenWeenie

Adam Frazier

Post by GreenWeenie »

752335212E34242F223507202A262E2B6924470 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/gregory-pol ... fferently/

Polanco was missing meatballs down the middle.  He had very obvious swing issues and did not look comfortable. Trading or releasing him because he costs too much would be unwise. [highlight]He is exactly the player the Pirates should be trading FOR, not trading away.[/highlight]

Exactly.  So why continue down that path of losing with a guy who won't reach the potential projected and won't be here after this next season?  Better to find someone else as soon as possible who can become better than Polanco and will be here for 4-5 years.

Choose one-

A) The guy who's better than Polanco

or

B) The guy who will be here four or five years.

The Pirates will choose B. Won't think about A.
SCBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SCBucco »

But, I came to this thread for Adam Frazier stuff ....
shedman

Adam Frazier

Post by shedman »

297F697D726878737E695B7C767A727735781B0 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/gregory-pol ... fferently/

Exactly.  So why continue down that path of losing with a guy who won't reach the potential projected and won't be here after this next season?  Better to find someone else as soon as possible who can become better than Polanco and will be here for 4-5 years.

______

4-5 years from now??? That is kicking the can down the road so far that the road is no longer paved there. It is kicking the can down the dirt path.
Javy

Adam Frazier

Post by Javy »

5C4C4D7A6C6C600F0 wrote: But, I came to this thread for Adam Frazier stuff ....
Sorry SC

Discussion about salary dumping of higher paid stiffs must take precedent over the salary dumping of more useful, lower paid players.
SCBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SCBucco »

7E55424D340 wrote: But, I came to this thread for Adam Frazier stuff ....
Sorry SC

Discussion about salary dumping of higher paid stiffs must take precedent over the salary dumping of more useful, lower paid players.

Do people really think Nutting will eat Polanco's contract and dump him? Nope. He doesn't have much trade value if any either. Maybe we can throw Hayes in a deal and get some stiff for the rotation, but save 11 million.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

362D202128242B450 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/gregory-pol ... fferently/

______

4-5 years from now???  That is kicking the can down the road so far that the road is no longer paved there.  It is kicking the can down the dirt path.

I'm sure remedial reading courses are available near you. If you care to read what I wrote again, you'll find that I wrote that the player replacing Polanco would be in Pittsburgh over the next four to five years, not four or five years from now. But you knew that.